Fun, creative, custom t-shirt designs
Get a stand out, custom-made t-shirt design in 7 days, pricing starts at $179
At 99designs, you can run your very own design contest, where dozens of talented designers compete to create an impressive t-shirt design you love, or your money back!
- Summarize your t-shirt design requirements
- Dozens of professional designers submit ideas
- Browse, then pick your favorite design to keep!
Example t-shirt designs
How t-shirt design contests work
1) Compile your design brieftell me more
- Answer some simple questions about your business and the t-shirt design you're looking for.
- Decide on the amount you wish to pay.
2) Review & provide feedbacktell me more
- Designers submit concepts based on the brief
- Review and give feedback on designs as they are submitted
3) Pick a winning design!tell me more
- After 7 days, browse entries and pick your favorite t-shirt design. We'll take care of paying the winning designer.
- Complete handover - receive final high-quality files and full copyright
What our customers say
“99designs has been fantastic in providing me with numerous t-shirt designs at a very affordable price.”View contest
“Our t-shirt design sold out in one week! I have already recommended 99designs to a few friends and they have had tremendous success.”View contest
“I liked the easy to follow instructions, and being able to communicate with the designers to get better results.”View contest
Winning t-shirt designs
South by Southwest Conferences & Festivals (SXSW)
South by Southwest (SXSW) consists of three conferences: Music, Film and Interactive. Year after year, the event is a launching pad for new creative content. They required a completely new t-shirt design which used totally unique, original artwork. SXSW didn’t want a reinterpretation of their current look and feel. The design needed to relate to one of their conferences specifically, or it could be a combination of all three, demonstrating the convergence between the three industries.
- Paid US$589
- Received 658 designs
BizTechDay is a conference where inspiring entrepreneurs share practical business and technology strategies. They required the front side of the “BizTechDay 2010 Conference” t-shirt to be designed. No back t-shirt design was required. They encouraged the designers to be creative. The design needed to be completely unique, unlike all other conference t-shirts. In terms of color, the design needed to incorporate white and orange and include the word “Rock Star” as the main feature.
- Paid US$384
- Received 426 designs
The LA Marathon celebrated its 25th anniversary during March 2010 with a brand-new "Stadium to the Sea" course. They required a new t-shirt design to mark this special occasion. For inspiration, designers used the LA Marathon’s mission statement: "We inspire athletes and connect communities", as well as the brand-new "Stadium to the Sea" course. They were looking for festive, original artwork that represented the spirit of the 2010 race.
- Paid US$363
- Received 262 designs
Kreativ Apparel were looking for a brand new t-shirt to coincide with the relaunch of their DJ website. They didn’t want cartoons included, nothing too elegant and allowed the designers to freely experiment experiment with colors. The t-shirt design itself should incorporate some music items such as headphones, turn tables and records. It needed to have an urban, edgy and grunge look and feel.
- Paid US$363
- Received 132 designs
HSC-26, Command for the US Navy
HSC-26 were seeking a new t-shirt design for their aircrew and search and rescue team. They are a tactical, combat and search and rescue command that serves for the US Navy. The target audience is all air crew men and rescue swimmers in the US Navy, past and present. The t-shirt will be navy blue in color, so the designers were advised to use red, gold, yellow, black and white in the design. In terms of inspiration, the designers may wish to include a snorkel, anchor, helicopters, waves, the ocean or a rescue basket.
- Paid US$259
- Received 124 designs
OpenCamp is the SouthWest’s first multi-platform web conference. They are dedicated to bringing together webmasters and web developers, bloggers, podcasters, and social media enthusiasts. They were open on what the t-shirt design for OpenCamp should be but overall appearance should reflect aspects of web design, new media, technology, and, of course, the fact that this is the first conference of its kind on the planet! The t-shirt was going to be white or light colored, so the design would need to pop against this.
- Paid US$326
- Received 69 designs
Recent t-shirt design contests
Popular Contest Entries +28 more entries submitted by 6 designers
Younique Convention 2013 tshirt Design
Popular Contest Entries +15 more entries submitted by 8 designers
Will be used on shirts, gobo, and program covers
browse 40 more t-shirt design contests »
Still have questions?
- How many designers will be working on my project?
- A typical contest has dozens of designers competing to produce the best design. The more money you offer, the more designers you'll attract.
- What if I don’t like any of the designs that I get?
- We have a 100% money-back guarantee! If you don't like any designs, then simply contact us within 60 days and we'll give you a complete refund.
- How many design entries will I get to choose from?
- On average, we receive 50+ entries per t-shirt design contest, from dozens of different designers over a 7 day period.
- How much does it cost to run a t-shirt design contest?
- You set the budget! Pricing starts at $179 and in general, the more money you offer, the more t-shirt designs you will have to choose from.
- Will the designers tailor their designs to suit my business?
- Our designers create designs according to your requirements, so every entry to your design contest is tailor-made just for you!
- Can I get designers to revise the designs they create for me?
- Absolutely. Designers thrive on guidance, so the more feedback you provide, the better the quality of your finished product.
- 126 designs
- 1,851 open
- 214,514 contests
- $593,147 currently
- $1,724,026 designer payouts