We are leaning towards using http://acmgnyr.org/icpclogo_big.png
as the central motif on a white background.
This *MUST* be redrawn, and we must replace the balloon with something appropriate indicating success at an interview.
For example, maybe show a working program or algorithm. (You can choose any other form of success you think is appropriate - be creative.)
All the three graphics must be stylistically similar - we cannot have a photo for one and icons for the others.
We need a cover for the second edition of our best-selling book on interviewing for software jobs.
Here’s a link to our book: http://amzn.to/epibook and the existing cover https://goo.gl/u2vtE4
The design is very open-ended: please show us your creativity.
We have a very large and engaged set of readers, and their inputs will be key to our decision.
Some design suggestions from us include
- Design should render well as a thumbnail on amazon, e.g., http://goo.gl/JgU5dk
- Consider the subject matter: algorithms, software, career development, aspirations
- We want something that is noticeable on a bookshelf
- We would like to have an icon that matches the book design. For our existing cover we just used the globe on the cover as an icon, but would prefer an actual icon
- If possible, consider working a group picture of us three authors on the back (use a dummy photo for now)
- We will be happy to buy pictures/icons, e.g., from shutterstock that may be needed for your design
- We are passionate this project and we have very high standards for ourselves and for our collaborators on this project.
- We will need two additional covers with the title “Elements of Programming Interviews in Java” and “Elements of Programming Interviews in Python” These cover should be easy to differentiate from the first cover. See this design for an example of how to differentiate cover variants: http://99designs.com/book-cover-des…gn-573444/
The cover text wording should be identical to our current cover. However, we would like to have three testimonials instead of the current one testimonial on the back, i.e., you need to fit in the following
"A practical, fun approach to computer science fundamentals, as seen through the lens of common programming interview questions."
Jeff Atwood / Co-founder, Stack Overflow and Discourse
“EPI’s emphasis on hands-on programming and real-world applications beautifully complements traditional university curricula in computer science.”
Adam Smith / Professor, California University
“This book contains a wealth of problems that will help new and experienced developers hone ace the modern programming interview.”
John Russell / Uber Tech Lead, Abacus Technologies
- This cover will be a 7x10 sized book that will be published via createspace. The page count in 480 pages. Please use https://www.createspace.com/Product…verPDF.jsp to get precise dimensions
- We need PDF and source files as deliverables.
We are seeing that we really like lighter backgrounds. Covers that show real people are very unappealing.
Consider showing different color choices, e.g., one red-blue and one yellow-green (this way we can see if the variants covers will be harmonious).
Also consider using the following artworks (which must be redrawn for copyright reason).