Artwork needed for young adult book cover/spine/back.
The cover and spine need to include the title and the author
Title: Finding My Brother’s Princess
Author: Rachel Jeffries
Please include the following description on back cover. The author would like "In Hollywood, fairytales are made..." in a larger font than the rest of text in order to capture interest.
In Hollywood, fairytales are made...
Teen heartthrob, Matt Martin thinks he has it all---money, fame, and adoring fans. Another thing Matt has? Commitment issues. Matt treats girls like gum; once one loses flavor, he spits her out.
Matt's sister, Carolyn, is unimpressed. She wants Matt to change, and sets out to find him the perfect girl. But how many hearts will Matt break before Carolyn finally finds him his true princess?
Target Audience: 13-18 year old girls
Dimensions: 8 x 5.25 x 0.59 inches (see attached CreateSpace template for more specifics).
The cover must be centered horizontally and vertically (according to CreateSpace.com)
The cover must be a single PDF that includes the back cover, spine, and front cover as one image. I have attached a template from CreateSpace to provide directions.
Story Tone: Light-hearted teen romance
The main character, Carolyn, is fifteen years old. She has light skin; long, curly auburn hair; and blue eyes. SHE IS NOT THE PRINCESS the title is referring to.
Matt, her brother, is nineteen years old. He has light skin; short blonde hair; and blue eyes.
The book takes place in sunny California.
Possible images to include: A crown, but open to other ideas.
I have included other directions from CreateSpace.com for the attached template. I don't mean to cause any confusion but it is of the upmost importance to me that the design easily and correctly upload to CreateSpace so that I am able to publish immediately upon selecting a design. I hope it helps.
1. Open the PDF or PNG file for the Paperback Book Cover Template in your image editing software.
2. Create a new layer in your image editing software. This layer will serve as the design layer.
3. Design your cover in the design layer, using the template PDF or PNG file as the guide layer. The artwork should extend to the outside edge of the template's pink zone to ensure a white border will not exist within the printed work. Do not move the guide layer, as it is properly aligned for our printing specifications.
4. Ensure text and/or images that are intended to be read do not appear in the pink zones of the template.
5. The barcode area is indicated in yellow on the template. Do not place important images or text intending to be read in the barcode location. We suggest filling in this area with your background color or design.
6. Once your design is complete, you will need to turn off the guide layer so that it is not printed on your final product or rejected during the review process. If you are unable to turn off the guide layer, then you will need to format the artwork so that it completely covers the guide layer.
7. Flatten all layers, save the file as a press quality PDF, and upload the file through your CreateSpace account.
8. The maximum accepted file size for your book cover is 40 MB