A complete (front, spine and back) book cover design for a CreateSpace self-published book.
TITLE: "Paradigm Flip"
SUBTITLE: "Leading People, Teams, and Organizations Beyond the Social Media Revolution"
AUTHOR: Ben Lichtenwalner
FOREWORD BY: Mark Sanborn
DIMENSIONS: 6x9, Black and White on White pages, 230 pages (estimate - may vary slightly)
DETAILS ON DIMENSION: Please make sure you understand the Createspace guidelines for cover PDFs (https://www.createspace.com/Product…verPDF.jsp). Based on those guidelines, the entire (front and back) cover dimensions should be:
- Width: 12.76796- Height: 9.25- Spine: 0.51796 (with a buffer on either side of .0625")
Social media enables and empowers contemporary leaders to more effectively practice timeless leadership principles. At the heart of the book is the concept of Servant Leadership, represented by an Inverted Pyramid and the "Hub and Spoke" model of a platform.
CONCEPTS TO CONSIDER:
1. This book will be printed via CreateSpace.
2. Elegant Simplicity (plenty of white space, more graphic design than traditional art).
3. More text than imagery
4. Should be easily adapted to eBook and Audiobook cover formats
5. Thinking mostly white, with bright red lettering
6. "Foreword By Mark Sanborn" should be on cover
7. Shapes that could work well on the cover are the Inverted Pyramid and the Hub and spoke (I'll attach examples for concepts only - I'd hope you can do better than my powerpoint work).
8. Back cover will need to contain three endorsement quotes and a back cover blurb (about 50% of back cover = endorsements, I'm thinking). These will need to be inserted before transfer.
All that said, I'm not afraid to look at something completely different. If you have a crazy idea you think I'll like, I'd love to see it too. I'm also looking for a graphic designer to support other activities, so this could be the start of a wonderful business relationship! (grin). Many thanks, in advance, to all who participate.