We need a new book cover for the second edition of a book entitled "Whimsy Street (Humorous Excursions From Daily Life)." The previous cover is uploaded here for your reference. Everyone loves this cover and you can use it for general ideas. But we can't use the original artwork from it. The key design element should probably be a street sign that says Whimsy Street. The subtitle (Humorous Excursions From Daily Life) could be incorporated somehow on the front cover also, but it is not necessarily required, depending on the overall design. The tone should be light and uplifting as befitting a collection of lighthearted humorous essays. The back cover marketing copy should read as follows:
We all need a break from the demands of everyday life, and Whimsy Street is here to light the way with a positive brand of humor that everyone is sure to enjoy. Calling all moms, dads, sons, daughters, guinea pigs, cats, lizards, dogs, reindeer, canaries, and elephants (not necessarily in that order). Read this book to discover:
- How to retire early using nothing but the Beanie Babies in your own closet
- The trick to training a wire-eating cat
- What to do with all those Halloween costumes from years past
- How to finally decipher your cell phone bill
- The inside scoop on the great blimp scam
- What’s going on in your garage at night while you’re asleep
- How to keep all your favorite charities happy
- How to really save the whales
Just to mention a few....
But the best part is learning to laugh at yourself and your own predicaments too. Just use the slight change in perspective that comes from wandering down Whimsy Street for a while.
The book categoires shown in the upper left corner of the back cover should be Humor/Essays.
The author's name is Hal Reichardt.
The back cover needs a bar code. The ISBN number for this book is: ISBN 978-0-9715890-1-8 and the price is $12 US.
The publisher's name (Dootsa Power Press) should be shown somewhere on the back cover. It does not need to be very large type.
The book trim size is 8.5" x 5.5". The spine width is 0.39". I am uploading a template for the full cover that I got from my printer for the last book we did. The only difference between that layout and this one is that the spine width is only 0.39" for this book for a 170-page book. Please note the 1/8" trim around the whole cover image. This portion of the final image gets trimmed by the printer during the production process, so please do not put any important design elements in that outer edge.
I need several final cover files for this book.
1. A full cover image in high resolution with embedded fonts for the print vendor. A PDF file worked well for this last time. There is a way to embed fonts when you make the PDF file and my printer prefers this if you can do it.
2. A JPG file of just the front cover image for the e-book on Amazon.
3. A JPG file of the full cover for my online book store. See http://www.whimsystreet.us. The file there from my last contest winner for "The Matinee Caddy" was a good size (3525 x 2625 and 3.98 MB).