We want a book cover designed for our Amazon best-seller - The Applicant. This book's thesis is called The Perspective Approach - gain perspective on why you are doing activities (in high school and beyond) and that will help you gain meaning in what you do. When you gain meaning, you will become good at those activities and you will love them even more. Then articulating those interests in essays, job interviews, or other examinations of self-worth becomes easy. It's about telling others what you already have thought about.
This book offers case studies of past students who successfully navigated the admissions process and what they did right and what they did wrong.
What is required:
- We are looking for a clean design that stands out. We are thinking simple, bold colors. Something that pops but is simple, elegant, and modern.
- The title should be: The Applicant and we will remove the sub-title
- The author's name should be there (Ishan Puri)
- The title should be on the spine as well
- The back of the book should have this description:
The Applicant has helped thousands navigate the admissions process. It has helped students, parents, counselors, teachers, and administrators understand why we learn and how we can learn better. Since it was first published in 2012, The Applicant has been read all over the world and hosted in dozens of classrooms, tutoring centers, and workshops.
In the end, this book is about more than admissions. It is about helping individuals find what they love to do and articulate that to themselves and to others.