MUST-BUY/CATCHY/PROFESSIONAL BOOK COVER RESTYLING
“The Garden of Infinite Possibilities” a book by Alex Acquarone
I would like to restyle my self-published book cover into a must buy/catchy/professional cover.
When I saw my book exposed in a book shop, the drawing (the tree) was catchy, but, compared to other books, I couldn’t read the book’s title.
Even though the book sold really well in that shop, I want to fix the problem and be attractive to costumers’ first look, and to introduce the book to major publishers with a professional cover.
BOOK’S READERS (TARGET):
-parents/people involved in personal growth;
The book is written as a tale for children, but it’s NOT a children’s book!
It’s intended to be read ALSO by children, but it’s not immediately directed to them.
It's a personal growth/self-help/spiritual tale.
So, since the drawing is already “fantasy style”, I don’t want the final result to turn into a “fantasy/celtic” product.
Ideally, the text should make a contrast with the drawing, making the book interesting for the adult reader. Anyway, you are absolutely FREE to create a catchy feeling the way you like.
- goal: must-buy/catchy/professional cover;
- drawing (tree) and texts must remain the same, but you may position them wherever you want (in the same page, of course, where they are now - see file n.2);
- I like deep blue for text and white for background, but it’s not mandatory: it has to be catchy;
- the spine is very thin: so a good idea could be a red (or other attractive color) spine’s text; please do not create a spine’s background in a different color than the book’s background because it’s too difficult (via Create Space) to print it precisely; so: ok different spine’s text color, but NO different spine’s background color;
- please consider that the right bottom corner will be covered by isbn code.
- the trim size is 6x9 inches (front/back cover both 6x9 inch PLUS spine in the middle);
- It has to fit perfectly into Create Space (Amazon) cover policy: if you align everything as the PDF file “1-AS IT IS NOW” that will fit;
anyway, the initial purpose of the contest is to have the best graphics; so, if you want, you can align it later, when you’ll win the contest; at this time I’m interested mainly in your best graphics proposal;
- the final file must be editable and convertible in PDF;
- the book is already published in 3 languages: english/spanish/italian, so please:
(i) choose a font that supports spanish language (accents/inverted question marks/etc);
(ii) when you win the contest, I’ll need your final version, not only in english but also in the other 2 languages (the cover is the same, just copy and paste translated sentences, and align);
The winner’s name will be added to any versions of the book (at this time: 6 on paperback and 3 on Kindle), as “Cover Design: (your name)”.
I’ll post the new cover on my FB page (Il Giardino delle Infinite Possibilità) mentioning the winner’s name.
HERE ARE THE NEW COVER’S TEXTS:
The Garden of Infinite Possibilities
If you have a dream it's because you can achieve it.
Alex Acquarone The Garden of Infinite Possibilities
The Garden of Infinite Possibilities Alex Acquarone
(choose the order you find most professional/catchy)
A voyage in the magic of life.
A child's answers to great questions.
A touching tale... for everyone!
(Main back cover’s message)
In the Garden of Infinite Possibilities, only 3 rules:
Rule n.1: “There are infinite possibilities.”
Rule n.2: “Thoughts become things.”
Rule n.3: “Never forget the first two!”
(Call to action/This book is for you/Why you have to buy it)
A dream life?
is within these pages.
1-AS_IT_IS_NOW (the actual cover)
2-NEW_SAMPLE (Simply to show you new texts I want to add: PLEASE REPOSITION/RESTYLE)
3-DRAWING (pick the drawing from this jpeg)
THANKS for your creativity !
Alex Acquarone (Italy)