Title of the book:
Runenmagie in Theorie und Praxis
Das Lehrbuch der Meister (= Subtitle)
German Language; 320 sides hard cover with matt lamination; Book texts were written with the original font „Adobe Garamond Pro“ (Regular and Bold).
Format of the cover:
Link to the exact dimensions:
Target group of the book:
• People which would like to learn the runic magic.
• People which would like to know something about runes.
• People which know itself a lot about runes.
• People which are interested in religion, mysticism, magic and esoterism.
• People which have interest in culture.
Front side of cover:
• The first inside in the book looks thus: http://aqua75.bplaced.net/Buch/Erste%20Seite.pdf
Tip: With this hexagon could you form the design.
Back side of cover:
• Link to the description at the back side of cover: http://aqua75.bplaced.net/Buch/Besc…20side.pdf
• At the back our Internet address should be also accommodated discreetly: http://www.goldrune.de
Barcode and ISBN number:
• At the back side must be inserted an ISBN-barcode.
Important: Please note that the present barcode-eps-file has the format Adobe illustrator/88/a. Should your program make a distinction between several eps-import filters, use please all variations of the import filter Adobe illustrator/88/a.eps
• Link to the barcode-eps-file: http://aqua75.bplaced.net/Buch/44_62300.EPS
• The processing of the barcode symbol must happen with extreme care!
• Attention: Any manipulations of the EPS file - as for example reduction - can influence the legibility!!!
• Printing ink for the barcode is black.
• The placing of the bar code symbol must have enough distance to the edges of cover and the placing must be in in the lower centre or lower left half of the back side.
• You can get further information about the using of the EAN-13-barcode symbol from the ISBN agency of Germany on the Internet.
• The ISBN of the book is: 978-3-944623-00-9
• Because the ISBN is also shown as a barcode, the ISBN must be also illustrated in a readable form directly about the EAN-13 barcode. Before the number must be written the letters "ISBN". (See like it is made on other books)
• The size of the types who used for the ISBN must be greater than 9 points (= to 3.38 mm).
Spine of the book:
• On the spine of the book must the name of the author (Heiko Weppner, H. Weppner or Weppner), the publishing company (Goldrune Verlag) and of course the title (Runenmagie in Theorie und Praxis).
• The writing direction of the book titel is from down to the top, not from top to down.
• The subtitle (Das Lehrbuch der Meister) needs not necessarily on the spine.
• The publishing company name must not necessarily on the spine, if is not enough room, the name can be also left out.
• The name of the author (Heiko Weppner) can be written in two lines, if it looks better.
• Also the name of the publishing company (Goldrune Verlag) can be written in two lines, if it looks better.
• The name of the publishing company and the name of the author can be written vertically or horizontally on the spine of the book.
Pictures and sketches which could be perhaps helpful:
• If you like integrate runes in the design, use please only following forms: http://aqua75.bplaced.net/Buch/Formen.pdf
• Icon: e.g., http://de.fotolia.com/id/41586080
(The icon is not wrong, because in the book is a chapter about christian runic mysticism and the icon figure with the book in his hand looks anyhow holy.)
• For our publishing company-homepage e.g. we have used this runic stone: http://de.fotolia.com/id/30998019
He was changed by a color filter from red in green and now he looks more peppy.
• Other runic stones:
Sides with examples of interesting book covers for inspiration:
Data standards graphics:
• Link to the data delivery directives of our printers: http://aqua75.bplaced.net/Buch/Data…GP_ENG.pdf
• A PDF is required, which is ready for printing.
• Colour mode CMYK for colour pictures; greyscale for black and white pictures; bitmap for line pictures.
• Special colours should be used of the Pantone or HKS colour catalogue.
• Graphics at least 300 dpi.
• All used fonts must be embedded completely in the document and are provided from you.
• Printing inks: German Institute for Standardization (DIN) ISO 2846
Please note, too:
• It is possibly the best runic textbook of the world and this claim can be reflected quietly also on the cover. Think big and crazy!
• If we select your cover, your name will stand of course also in the imprint of the book.
These project standards as PDF to download in english:
These project standards as PDF to download in german: