Excellent and very very creative! Thank you for creative Traveldeo Logo
How davidmb started their logo & brand identity pack journey
Who are you known as?
Strata Aerial Surveys
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Strata Aerial Surveys uses an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) to perform low-level aerial photography and topographic surveys of land. It provides superior quality imagery, precise earth elevation models and detailed topographic maps and drawings faster, and for a lower cost than has been possible before.
Strata Aerial Surveys’ primary client base are the many small- to medium- sized Land Surveying and Engineering firms located in Southern Ontario. Our services augment the services of these firms because they can easily integrate our data with their existing products, services and processes. Our data replaces an aspect of manual data collection commonly identified as time-consuming and expensive drudgery that is often dangerous.
Note to designers! Strata means layers, but it also means plane - not an airplane, but a flat plane in geometry. Feel free to play off these multiple meanings.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Business & Consulting
Other color requirements
Blue, Orange, Gray
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
- The 'Aerial Surveys' part of the logo (e.g. as a word mark) can be unobtrusive. In other words it's OK for 'Strata' to stand out.
- I would have selected Civil Engineering as my industry had it existed
- I am using a fixed wing aircraft, not a copter, so no copter images please. That doesn't mean I necessarily want an aircraft image either, but definitely no copters.
- I will be looking for additional artwork after the brand identity contest is done and will likely go with the winning artist. Beyond logo, card, letterhead, envelope and website graphics, I will need car signage (no a wrap though), social media headers (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter), brochures, DVD screen print and maybe more.
****** Feel free to step outside the parameters of this design brief! I'm not a designer - you are! Surprise me
EDIT: I am changing this to a blind competition. I will provide feedback on every submitted design and visit the competition to do so at least twice a day.
Comments after Day 1:
* Watch the spelling of "Aerial". It's NOT Arial :-)
* If I gave you 3 stars today that's really good. 4 stars are reserved for something that nails it. 5 stars will be reserved for round 2.
* I'm liking the simpler designs more than the complex designs.
* Think about how your design will look if someone prints a doc in black-and-white or grey scale. I want a design that will look reasonable under those kinds of 'adverse' conditions.
Comments after Day 2:
* I'm getting lots of good work and I will try to comment on everything that comes in
* Some designers have shown their submissions in all white on top of an aerial photo. If you want to do that too, I've attached a photo for you to use. You should only consider this one way of showing your submission, not the primary or only way!
* I'm looking for a brand that conveys rigour, accurate and competent while also being new, easy, intuitive, sensible and efficient.
* I've adjusted the values sliders somewhat to reflect the above statement.