Need vector-based images to be used as button icons in a software application.
The images are not branded.
We are creating a database application for small and medium
business customers and need images for button icons.
Although our application will have 20-30 icons, we would like a contest for
only 3 icon images: Table, Form, New.
We may want the winning designer to complete the rest in the
Only for the purpose of giving you context, here is a longer list of buttons
that will be in the product:
Nouns: Table, Form, Report, Filter
Verbs: New, Open, Duplicate, Print
- Something professional not whimsical.
- Images should have a familiar look and feel.
- Images should be simple, not busy.
- The application will have a Left Hand navigation
where these images will be used as buttons. They may be stacked, or grouped together.
- Easy to view on screen and in print.
- We want only the graphic -- the text should not be part of each icon. Within our application, each icon may appear above the name of it's type, or in a list or tab next to the object's name. Each icon needs to stand by itself, without text.
- Colors should be web “friendly”.The overall color of the application will be
a soft, medium blue.
- Deliver as a vector based file (Adobe
Illustrator).We are assuming the images
may need hand-tweaking by the designer if we go much smaller than 40x40 pixels.
- No abstract concept nor needlessly hip. This is a business application.
- A clip art look and feel.