How Alex Glassey started their button or icon journey
Who are you known as?
Glassey Technologies Inc.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We build software products (browser and iPad) for businesses, not-for-profits and education. We are closely allied with our parent company, GlasseyStrategy, who advises organizations on business strategy. Our products are used across the English-speaking world.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We want to get an iPad icon created.
- we have a new iPad product called Stratpad
- businesses will use StratPad to record their strategic objectives and build a detailed plan, with appropriate metrics, to help them achieve this plan
- our customers who have used early versions of StratPad have called it "Transformative" and said it "Radically changed the way they think about their business".
- the icon needs to have these key elements:
1. the name of the product "StratPad" (mandatory)
2. an indicator of performance improvement. See the top right corner of our parent website, http://www.glasseystrategy.com for an example
3. the words "for Business" (we will have several versions of StratPad)
4. we want the icon to be simple, shiny-looking and memorable
5. perhaps there could be some kind of metal look to it.
6. see the attached very rough sample
7. perhaps the icon could/should have colours that match the GlasseyStrategy logo