Placester distributes your real estate data. Want to post your property once and have it appear everywhere? Placester does that.
Anyone and everyone who participates in the real estate industry. We realize this doesn't narrow things down, but in a way this helps you understand exactly what we're looking for: simple, generic, usable, mapcons! Oh yeah, and they need to look amazing on a google map.
*** Please read the attached notes... this is only a summary. If you don't read the notes, you'll almost certainly not be considered ****
*** We're only looking for an icon (mapcon was just our clever way of saying an icon-on-the-map). The icon should meet the criteria below ( a few variations, a few different colors) but basically, 1 icon. The maps we're included so you'd have a feel for the zoom levels we're working in and the colors you'll need to work with. Good Luck ***
- MUST look like a townhouse (or townhouse-esq) NOT a house.
- LOOK and FEEL amazing on a google map. read notes!!
- A single character (A-Z0-9) must be clearly displayed! Don't just write it on the side of the building. read notes!
- No boarders / backgrounds - townhouses on the map.
- Around 30x30 (px). Feel free to exceed tho, read notes!!
- Must have 5 states (colors? - up to you!): normal, over, click, standout, unavailable.
- Must have 5 variations. Make these slight variations (another level, more windows, fewer windows, etc..)
- Don't copy people. Avoid the well known guys: trulia, zillow, hotpads, etc... These are well designed sites with great teams -- they've set the bar. Don't copy it.
To be considered, you'll need to provide the following:
- All the 25 variations of the mapcon and each of the 36 different character overlay in a png sprite.
- Optimized, png sprite, containing all 5 variations of the mapcon in all 5 states (for a total of 25 versions) and 36 "character-overlays" each with one character A-Z and 0-9.