Village Telco - http://villagetelco.org
Village Telco is a social enterprise committed making communication affordable to everyone and available everywhere. Village Telco technology allows any community or entrepreneur to set up their own telephone and Internet company at very low cost using meshed WiFi infrastructure. Our goal is to make setting up a telephone company as easy as installing a wordpress blog.
Our target audience are techno-savvy, creative, entrepreneurs from the developing world. It should make it easy for
a) people getting started with our technology to get help
b) investors to find out quickly what Village Telco is all about
c) people to connect with each other in the Village Telco community
d) people to buy Mesh Potatoes and other Village Telco services
- This is a re-design of the http://villagetelco.org website.
- This is going to be a Wordpress theme. Please respect the general constraints that Wordpress imposes on design
- Here is a link to a one-minute animation that explains the Village Telco. It does a pretty good job of explaining it and we are pretty happy with the look and feel of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S30M_nigtcs You are not obliged to follow the design of the animation but it is something that has worked for us so far
- Simplicity is essential. Our goal is to make the Village Telco technology as simple-to-use as possible. The website should reflect this simplicity.
- A basic wireframe of our best guess for the website is attached below. You can see we have already violated our simplicity rule. We need your help to get back to simplicity..
- The Village Telco logo is also attached. From a design perspective we are very happy with this logo, also the result of a 99designs competition. The logo is simple, yet conveys village, Wifi, and telephony in an iconic design.
- The design should lend itself to conversion into a lightweight wordpress theme viewable in any browser.