Again great work, very happy with the result and all done fast!
Thanks until the next project :)
- Samhain Design
Very helpful, patient, creative.
Very helpful, responsive, creative.
Geniales Design in kurzer Zeit. Sehr zufrieden mit der Vielfalt an Dateien die ich erhielt zum Schluss! Empfehlenswert!
Amazing mentality and approach. Couldn't be happier with the outcome!
Great provider. Looking forward to doing more work in the future :)
How infom9G started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Entertainment & The Arts
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I'm an Americana/Alt Country singer-songwriter based in Berkeley, California who releases 2-3 digital singles/yr with accompanying YouTube videos. My best market is Europe where I've had two Top Thirty songs on the European country charts but I get downloads (iTunes/CDBaby) and streaming (Pandora/Spotify/etc) worldwide. I'm trying to build on my momentum in Europe and make further inroads in the US, Canada & Australia.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
1. Digital Single Cover Design ($400). (Please see details below)
2. Several $50 consolation prizes for use of non-winning designs in a slideshow style music video and other ancillary purposes. (See more info on this in the next section.)
DIGITAL SINGLE COVER DESIGN
• Create cover art for Americana digital single.
• I'm looking for your take on the title "I Can't Hang with You Anymore."
• On the surface, it sounds like a typical country break-up song with elements of sadness, anger & resignation. But what's unique about the song is that the singer wants to break-up with his own self-destructive tendencies.
• PLEASE DO NOT use any images of a person hanging.
• PLEASE DO NOT use anything gruesome or macabre. My last single featured lots of Day of the Dead type imagery and I don't want any more skulls, wounded hearts, blood, etc.
HERE ARE SOME IDEAS that I got by Googling the word "hanging":
• Example #1: Clothes line. Washing sheets or clothes seems like a good metaphor for breaking up with someone. In the image below, I like how the breeze gives a sense of motion & straining towards freedom. I also like how the fence gives it a country/Americana setting.
• Example #2: Polaroid photos hanging by clothes pins. The image below is probably too busy (too many photos) but details of the room (like the lamp & moulding) could be designed to give it a country/Americana setting.
• Example #3: Hanging lights. Or a mobile.
• Example #4: Charm bracelet (but not Star Wars characters, of course).
• Example #5: Back porch swing. In the image below, the dog, railing & setting give it a country/Americana flavor. I think the dog adds some sadness. Unfortunately, the image below is from a book cover so it couldn't be copied too closely.
• Example #6: Hanging text. I think this is too obvious & lacks emotion.
• If it would help you to hear the song, please check it out at http://www.kevinbeadles.com/mp3/i_c…th_you.mp3
• Include the Artist Name, KEVIN BEADLES, large
enough to be easily read on a small phone screen
(please see http://www.kevinbeadles.com/music/ for examples of appropriate font size on recent singles).
• Include the Song Title, I CAN'T HANG WITH YOU ANYMORE (same guideline as above for appropriate font size).
• Upper & lower case letters can be used as you choose for the Artist Name and Song Title
• Technical Specs per CDBaby:
1. 3000 x 3000 pixels
2. PNG, GIF, JPG, or JPEG file type
4. Less than 25mb
5. RGB color scheme (not CMYK)
6. No blurry or pixelated images
In addition to $400 for the winning digital single cover design, I would like to offer several $50 consolation prizes for use of non-winning designs in a slideshow style music video and other ancillary purposes like posts on social media/my website/etc. You are free to reject this option. The idea is simply to show my appreciation for your efforts by offering $50 for designs I like that weren't selected for the album cover.
• To understand this offer better, please watch my last video to see how I paid tribute to several designers who participated in my last cover contest. Be sure to watch to very end to see how designers were listed in the video credits at the end. The link is http://www.kevinbeadles.com/music/a…n_end.html
• This would be done as 1-to-1 Project arrangements after the contest.
• Designs would have to be modified to include both square and 15:9 aspect ratios.
• Designs would have to be modified to include an alternate version with Artist Name and/or Song Title removed as seeing that info over & over in a 3:15 music video slideshow would get pretty boring.