A Silent Night: A World War I Memorial in Song is a tribute for the Centennial of WWI. Most of the music was written by composers who fought in the war. This project is special in that it is an intersection of ART and HISTORY. We are looking for a design that captures that feel. Insofar as the CD is a War Memorial, the tone should be dignified, somber, historical, authentic, reflective. At the same time, it should be artistic, beautiful, sleek, and recognizable as an album geared primarily towards the classical art song market. We imagine the design being primarily Black and White, or faded sepia, etc.
This contest is for the design of the CD jewel case. We have supplied the photos and necessary text. We are just looking for great fonts and design that beautifully integrates text with the background photos. There are a few components to this contest. We will also then hire the winner to complete the booklet interior one-on-one.
1. Booklet Cover - this will serve as the cover of the CD and will feature one photo (supplied by us) plus the title “A Silent Night: A WWI Memorial in Song” and our names “John Brancy” “Peter Dugan”
2. Booklet Back Cover - this is just one photograph (supplied by us) which you will simply fit into the template we have supplied. No text.
3. Disc Tray Back- the most involved portion of the design, this will serve as the back of the Album and will include track listings, 3 logos of our partner organizations, and UPC bar code (all supplied by us). All of this will be laid over a background photograph (supplied by us)
4. Disc Tray Interior - this is what you see underneath the disc when you take it out. The design we would like for this is very simple: one photograph with a quote laid over it (photo and text supplied by us)
5. Spine: Just the album title and our names.
All of the necessary photos, text, and logos, as well as detailed instructions, are in four folders corresponding to the main elements of the contest (there is no separate spine folder)
There are two templates: one for the booklet (front and back) and another for the disc tray (back, interior, and spine)
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thanks!