The basic idea of this image is that a family of squirrels is breaking into a lady's house at night (and day) to steal her food. The squirrels live inside a tree in the middle of suburbia. There are three cute baby squirrels that the player can play for, each with their own skills and personality. The mother squirrel is playable in some areas. This year, the squirrels want to steal food from the surrounding human houses. They have never stolen before, but a smart owl advises them to - after they fail to find enough nuts. The owl points them to a house where he claims is the best to steal from - since the food there is healthiest! And that brings us to the lady...
The lady is anywhere between the age of 26 to 35. She has black hair (it's important that her hair is black) and is beautiful and fit. (I'm sick of video games portraying "fat" people as the antogonists.) The lady is one of those people who likes her house and neighborhood neat and orderly and clean, and she is obsessed with staying healthy. That is why the owl advised the squirrels to steal from her - she goes to great efforts to buy the healthiest (certified organic!) food on the market. She also attends cardio dance, Yoga, and RIPPED dance classes at the YMCA. Unfortunately for the squirrels, the lady hates wild aninals getting into her house and she akes steps to ensure no animals get in.
So now you see where this goes. Our loveable squirrels break into the lady's house and steal food in every level to bring back to their tree. The tree is the hub of the game where players rest in between levels. The closer the tree is to filling with food, the closer the game is to being won. But every level gets harder, as the lady (who is quickly losing her peace of mind and losing it thanks to these darn squirrels) sets more and more traps around her house to stop the squirrels from getting in.
I want you to capture the spirit of the game with an original illustration. Here are some ideas of what your original illustration can be, or of course you could invent one of your own. Also, there are a few scenes (like the garage scene and dinner party) that I removed from here, but please don't let that stop you from posting them if they were the ones you were working on. They could still win!
1. The lady in her sleepwear peering out her window with an annoyed expression on her face, annoyed at having been woken in the night by something banging on the window. This was one of the goofy squirrels, who is sneaking in through her open window with the babies while she looks out.
2. Nacho chips are a collectible item in the video game. The squirrels can find them appearing randomly in hidden places, such as in the forest, by a fence, or even on the lady's rooftop. The lady hates nacho chips and no one knows where they are coming from, but they give a boost of energy to the squirrels. So having the lady, squirrels, and nacho chips appear in an illustration is also a choice, but it has to be a scene, an event. Something cute and funny would be great! Like the lady opening her window in the early morning (she's still in her nightwear) to get a breath of fresh air, when a squirrel (who she hadn't seen) baby belches Nacho breath in her face!
3. It's broad daylight and the lady is in her garage organizing things. She's wearing a tank top and just tidying things up when she hears a noise behind her car. She stands up and walks over to peer around the corner, though she doesn't see the terrified squirrel - yet. There is nacho dust on the floor at his feet and nacho crumbs on his face.
4. It's midnight and the squirrels are hiding under the lady's bed. The babies start farting uncontrollably (the price of squirrels eating human food for the first time), this wakes the lady. She takes out her phone and peaks underneath her bed, squinting. Of course she is shocked at what she sees. She's only half awake and still in her nightwear, but the sight of the squirrels wakes her up completely! The view of this illustration should be from the squirrels pov, so that the viewer is looking straight at the lady.
4. The lady is at the YMCA in her exercise clothes doing exercise and the baby squirrels are teaming up to steal her credit card. The squirrels learned that they can order food straight to the lady's house while she's at work (and then steal it before she arrives) and decided to follow the lady and try it - without their mother's permission, who thinks it's too dangerous. If you choose this one, remember the squirrel babies are adorable babies. I want people to look at them and go awww!
5. The lady finishes her exercise and is in the locker roon when she hears something in one of the locker aisles. She's still in her workout clothes. It's late and she is the last person in the locker room, so she cautiously peeks around the corner just in time to see the baby squirrels getting away with her card!
6. The lady hitting or kicking the mother squirrel hard against the wall of the YMCA. This is the darkest scene in the game, when it seems as if the babies will have to go on without their mother. Remember how I mentioned that the lady exercises regularly, is fit and health obsessed, and attends defensive classes at her YMCA? Yeah, that kick or hit hurt a lot...and it might have killed the mother.
7. The scene right before the mom gets hit or kicked. The mom tracked her babies to the YMCA, just in time to see the lady about to kill the baby squirrels in the locker room! The mom runs up the lady's leg and uses her bounce attack to ricochet off the locker doors and back unto the lady, biting and scratching as she does so.
8. Grieving over their mother's seeming death, the baby squirrels decide to give up stealing food after one last heist. They only need a little more to have enough food stored for winter. The other squirrel families living in nearby trees are guilty that they didn't help the family before, so they agree to all collectively raid the ladies house when she's away at a party with friends. The squirrels search every nook and cranny until they have all the food. They pay the lady back for what she did to the mommy squirrel by filling up her fridge with poop pellets. Remember, the lady is obsessed with order and cleanliness. In this illustration, the lady comes home from the party to discover what happened just as the squirrels are retreating. She snaps, completely losing it.
9. The lady gets her comeuppance. The baby squirrels She chases the squirrels out of her house with a bee-bee gun, trying to kill them, her face contorted in rage and pure, pure hatred of the squirrels. Nacho Karma (a goofy LIVING Nacho chip who has been watching the whole time) jumps out of the bushes and belches the Stinkiest Nacho Belch The World Has Ever Seen at the lady. The belch is so powerful that the lady is carried off her feet and sent flying into oblivion. The mischievous squirrels have won and this is the happy ending. The mother squirrel is revealed to be alive and fine. They can now go into the ladies house whenever they want, and they get unlimited human food, because one of the squirrel babies managed to steal her credit card from her pocket and used that credit card to order a food truck to come and deliver food on a weekly basis to the house. Of course, the humans driving the truck don't know it's SQUIRRELS ordering the food. :)