PassportJunkie is a new website that will be launching in the Spring, and we're currenly logo-less. PassportJunkie is a global guide to transport options and is the only website where a user can compare multiple options (air, rail, bus, etc.) with a single search query. We need an eye-catching, memorable logo for our site that reflects our mission and includes our taglines. We hope you can help us whip one up.
We are looking for a logo in vector format that can be used on our site's webpages (and perhaps for additional things such as advertising, t-shirts, etc.). We'll also need your help converting the vector file to a web-friendly image size & format. While we have some serious doodling skills, none of us have the necessary graphic design skills to come up with a snazzy-looking image - so we turn to you, the designers.
The mission of the website is to provide travelers with information & insights which simplify multi-city trip planning & travel. The typical user of our site is a young person who is either planning or in the midst of travel in a region of the world far from their home. They may be novice or expert travelers, but in either case they need help and/or answers to some questions which passportjunkie (and its community of travelers) will be able to provide.
- Some kind of "play" (images/shapes/background) on the word passport - such as passport stamps (our initial fav idea - maybe for the font style or as a border), passport covers, passport pages, etc.
- Some images/shapes that speak to the theme of transportation - airplanes, trains, buses, cars, ferries
- The words "Passport Junkie" need to be the dominant text. There is no requirement to capitalize or not capitalize any individual letters (or all letters) - we are open to different ideas about how to best make the text stand out
- We prefer that the taglines "You know where" and "Find out how" are incorporated into the logo itself (as opposed to just running along the bottom). OK for these two lines run together as one sentence, have punctuation between them, or stand alone as separate sentences. Also no worries about capitalization - feel free to play around
- The main colors for the site are white, black, and green (specifically 17CF36 and a "mint" like green color) - it is OK to use other colors, might even be good to make them stand out...just try not to use many more additional colors
- Our preference is for the logo to be more wide than it is tall, but again this is just a preference.
- The logo should have a "clear" background so that it can be placed anywhere on the site and blend in...the header for our site fades from green to white (top to bottom) and ends with a solid green horizontal bar running across the page.
- "Play" on the word junkie