Background of myself: My formation is a Captain. I'm now working as a Pilot and bring merchant ships in and out of the port of Antwerp. I have also a company in marine consultancy. http://www.maqs.be.
I have sailed since childhood with my father on his motorboat. We went fishing and on holiday with the boat. There was one better boat than my fathers'. It was the Cygnus Cyclone.
I have now the opportunity to be the sole dealer in Europe for this craft.
The craft is very strong built, very seaworthy, fast and stable. It is the ideal craft for both the professional and the recreational motor sailor.
The logo used to be a flying cygnus with very simple lines. See http://www.cygnusmarine.com/ on top left.
You can find the two models that we sell on http://www.murphymarineservices.com/. The short wheelhouse is for the professional user, the long wheelhouse for the recreational user. My site will be built along the same lines as http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/ (Concept)
Recreational user and professional in Europe and later world wide.
Recreational sailors want to use the boat to go fishing at sea or to go on holiday, spend a day with the family, etc.
The professionals can use it for potting, trawling, as survey vessel, to go diving, etc.
So my customers are governments (Customs, Policy patrol,etc), fisherman and recreational sailors. Most of them above age of 30 and better earners.
I want to introduce something modern and hip in the brand. So that people realise its better to invest in a seaworthy boat that is very well known in this target group. People must be proud when entering a harbour with this boat. The logo should reflect this. Elegance is a plus.
- Launch the brand of already proven boat.
- Use of a logo with swan (Cygnus) is ok, but open to other suggestions.
- Values of the boats: Speed, strongly built, seaworthy, agility, stability, classic elegance.
- Modern look of logo, open to all colours.
-Fresh and new aspect, never seen in the industry
- An alternative to put the logo on a black background
- An alternative so it fits into a square. This can be part of the logo or the complete logo or part of the boat name. This so we can use it on twitter or avatar.
Can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.