ThinkingBirds took the time to review all of our initial information as well as additional suggestions in order to create a beautiful design. We are very pleased with our new logo and the professional working relationship we had with ThinkingBirds.
How VedaProject started their logo design journey
The Veda Project
We are creating a free open source online educational platform. We aim to be the Wikipedia of coursework and hope to one day earn university accreditation. Our goal is to provide free education to the world to anyone from a med school student who needs to catch up on biochemistry to an sub-Saharan African villager who wants to pull her family out of poverty by pursuing financial engineering.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We aim to initially target university age students who aspire to learn subjects and understand material with tremendous depth. Someone who would come to our site would NOT ask, "What is a semiconductor?" They could go to Wikipedia for that. Instead, someone who comes to our site would say, "I want to learn everything I need to know to become an electrical engineer and one day design semiconductors."
The logo should:
* say "The Veda Project" obviously
* communicate the idea of providing knowledge to an individual
* be illustrative ideally, though it is not strictly necessary
* use a serious font with "serious" colors (bright colors should not dominate)
* ideally inspire but at the very least communicate integrity
* be an original design and LOOK original
It should NOT:
* contain any of the traditional brick and mortar school cliches (blackboard, diploma, books, pencil, paper, etc.) or any technology cliches (mouse, keyboard, screen).
* look cartoony
* include clip art or stock images