A specific, compelling graphic that:
1) Captures some essential or symbolic element of business travel and/or electronic expense reporting, or
2) Plays off our name (Expensify) in some clever but not overly-cute fashion, or
3) Just looks totally abstract but frickin' cool.
It should look good in 1-3 colors -- something that could be silk-screened, made from precious metals, even stamped onto stationary. Something that feels like an original vintage design.
Remember: everything was done by hand back then; computers didn't exist yet. Accordingly, no gradients, lens flares, soft reflections, drop shadows, or trite Web 2.0-isms. You should be able to draw this thing with a nice dark marker, without resorting to extraneous Photoshop effects.
For inspiration, take a look at the logos, colors, and design of 1960's airlines, automobiles, architecture, furniture, fashion, etc.
You're welcome to accompany the logogram with the actual logo text, but this is *not required*. We're looking for the logogram itself (eg, the graphic); the text is not required.
Check out some of the following links for color and design inspiration:
- Flight attendants: http://is.gd/519OW
- Vintage airline logos: http://is.gd/519Nx
- General vintage logos: http://is.gd/51aBx