Please read the comments on the contest I will comment often.
Really happy with my previous 99 Designs contests so I'm back for another. I will again promise to give detailed and constructive feedback and the contest will be guaranteed as soon as possible.
This time around I'm looking for a logo to set the tone for the branding and look-and-feel for a web application we are planning on building.
I am building a specialized content management system for hosting tattoo portfolio websites. Clients of the application will be Tattoo studio owners and artists looking to promote and market their art and services online.
Target clients would be a creative professional with edginess (Bold, Proactive)
Looking for the logo to include some classic tattoo elements or something that distinctly identifies the relationship to tattooing and tattoo culture. Hopefully it can also include a hint of the purpose of the application/server being website/portfolio based also.
Here is a run down of some logos I like that contain what I consider some tattoo elements and briefly what I like about each.
* Do NOT like the font choice
* Like the symbol for having these four elements. Skull, Clean, Tribal and Tech
* I like the edgier symbol and cleanliness
* Symbol has tattoo elements with the dragon and crest.
* Font is clean and has a tech fell to it.
* Skull is the tattoo element but it ties into the name. Could you turn a skull or some other tattoo style/element into a computer monitor or something that would represent the application/service?
* Taken what could be a tribal tattoo element and brought a technology feel to it.
* Great linking between the logos symbol and the font.
Bonus points for reusable brand elements that can be reused in further branding the web applications icons, buttons, headers ect... or marketing material.
Nothing religious or the other end of the spectrum of being to 'dark' or satanic.
Clean, with limited colors.
NO web 2.0 gloss, shiny stuff, gradients or shadows.
You can get creative with the font if you want but it must remain very legible.
The medium for the logo is definitely online/digital, with the primary location being the website with secondary placements being twitter, emails, pdf documents.
Logo is required in a vector format that will work with Illustrator CS4.
Please ask for any clarifications or further information you feel you require.