What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Before you get started: Please look at the Comments at the bottom of the contest. There is important information there.
We would like you to take our existing logo and modify it based on your taste. We’ve built a recognizable brand around our current look, but it’s becoming dated. We would like to keep the “DJ-related symbol” and “text on two lines” look, but you can decide where to go from there. It's a blank canvas: Give it your best shot.
What we want:
- Use blue colors
- Keep a sleek look, printable in color and black-and-white
- Make the logo look great at both small and large sizes
- Make it fit the style of our current website, since our new website will have a similar theme
- We like a smooth, elegant look similar to expensive Italian cars
- Majority of the time, we will use the logo on a white background
Additionally, it's important to keep roughly the same proportions. We want a horizontal logo.
Here is what we consider wrong with our current logo:
- The symbol looks like a sad face =(
- The colors don't have enough punch
- It doesn't look expensive enough
- Our current logo isn't inspirational
For a source of ideas, consider "Aston Martin V8 Vantage". We like the metallic finish and attention to detail on that car. We want our logo to look less plastic and look more sophisticated and classy. We are competing with companies as famous as Apple, so our logo has to be recognizable.
Here is our website.
What we don't want:
- No default fonts (Helvetica, Arial, Times-equivalents)
- No Web 2.0 style gradients
- No vinyl records or CDs
- No turntables or CD players - we create digital DJ software, and those symbols aren't appropriate. Our current "symbol" is an abstraction of a rotating disk in 3D.