The system worked great, the designer (Hendrix) was great and the people at 99d were great.
How EnergyLink started their logo design journey
EnergyLink Ltd. are a lead generation company for the Energy Efficiency industry. We have traditionally concentrated on Home Insulation through http://www.freeinsulation.co.uk. In February 2010 we are launching a new web site to expand our product base into the Renewable Energy sector. We have placed a holding page on http://www.energygrants.co.uk to get the site listed in the search engines prior to it's launch.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience will mainly be home owners looking to save money on their fuel bills and/or reduce carbon emissions. For the Renewable Energy products (i.e. not insulation) we will also be looking to attract businesses, community groups, charities, etc.
- Should be fairly simple and not over-complicated.
- Will mainly be used at the top of the web site.
- Green, blue and possibly some black & grey. See attached logo for approximate colors.
- Either 'EnergyGrants' joined into one word or 'Energy' on top and 'Grants' underneath.
- Preferably capital E and G to emphasise the words but lowercase might work, depending on the design.
- Would also like to see variations with and without .co.uk (alongside or underneath).
- Some ideas that could be included with the wording are: a house or roof-line; making the A of GrAnts into a house (see freeinsulAtion.co.uk); a wind turbine and / or the sun (as long as it doesn't look too complex). We're also open to other ideas. Should be fairly subtle either way.
- Will need to work on different colour backgrounds. Initially it will go on the holding page, either on the image or above it so initial designs could go on a white background. May need it to be transparent at some stage. The new site will be predominantly dark green so we may need the logo to be white on green, etc.
- Badges or symbols (with EG or otherwise).
- Electricity symbols or references.
- Anything too complex.
- Over-use of Clipart etc. (the wording should stand out).