Some main keywords associated with the logo might be:
English, audio, podcast, broadcast, self-study, mobile/"on the move", mobile devices
The business will be producing audio, some of which will be distributed for free via iTunes, and listeners will then be given the option to buy and download digital ebooks/workbooks to accompany the audio. There is a chance we may expand into video podcasts, so any "audio references" in the design should perhaps be a bit more abstract than traditional podcasting iconography such as using the radio microphone to denote podcasts - perhaps it should focus a bit more on the "broadcasting" nature of the business as the .fm itself says a fair amount about audio/broadcasting too.
The kind of additional images appearing on the website will be pictures of mobile devices, tablet computers like the iPad, download icons, conversation icons (some of the focus will be on broadcasting real conversations between native English speakers).
Important notes for the logo:
1. The logo must feature the full domain name - ingles.fm
2. The correct way to write inglés is like that, with an accent. However the accent shouldn't appear in the logo as the domain name doesn't work with an accent.
3. I would like if possible to create some kind of feeling of movement with the logo - as this translates both as progression with people's English language level and the fact that people can "learn on the move" using mobile devices.
4. I want to avoid the use of England/US flags in the logo - it is very cliched
5. We will probably be launching a second website called learnenglish.fm. I would like the same logo style to be usable for both websites if possible.
6. The logo will need to look good at smaller resolutions on mobile devices
Target market: technologically-minded, ambitious and professional 25-50 years olds in Spain and Spanish speaking Latin America - these people are more than likely to own smartphones and tablet computers and are studying English to increase their earning potential and job prospects.