PLEASE NOTE: We ARE NOT a lighting company and we DO NOT SELL lightbulbs. Designs that essentially feature just a lightbulb, while creative, are missing the mark.
All Green Lights is an IT Consulting firm specializing in two specific areas of operation:
1) We design, install, manage, service, and repair low-voltage networks for data, video, and voice applications. We work in both wired and wireless implementations depending on what best meets the specific needs of the customer. Think about the wall jack your computer is plugged into for internet access or the wireless network that you are connected to - we design and install these for commercial clients. We also manage the network infrastructure in a client's office and service/repair existing network installations, i.e. move equipment/network ports, install new network ports, expand existing networks during building renovations, etc.
2) We also act as a managed service provider for our clients. In doing so, we oversee and coordinate all areas of IT operations, including equipment acquisition and management, network management, data backups, site and endpoint security,etc. The vast majority of this work is done remotely, but we can and will go onsite as the need(s) demand.
In terms of the name, it was derived from a couple of factors:
A) In most data centers or network racks, one can get a quick visual assessment of status & performance by looking at the LED lights on the routers, switches, servers, etc. If they are green, then everything is usually working as designed. However, if they are amber or red, that is usually a warning sign.
B) The software we use to remotely monitor and manage a client site is essentially a dashboard at the highest level. When we log in and starting polling client sites we can quickly look at the dashboard for each site and know everything is correct if everything on our dashboard is green. If there are red lights, then we have problems.
C) In the same vein, the equipment we use to test and certify our network installations and/or repairs gives a certification report that is also visual. If each surveyed data run passes industry standard benchmarks then the report is all green lights so to speak. If any network data run fails to certify, it is highlighted in red so that we can locate it and go back and repair it.
In short, the idea behind the name implies that if we manage your IT infrastructure or install your network, when we are finished, you will see nothing but "All Green Lights".
Possible slogans we are bouncing around are:
1) Are all your lights green?
2) Don't you hate red lights?
3) Being in the red sucks, right?
We will have legitimate options or slogans within the next 36 hours or so.
Short backstory: All Green Lights is technically a new business, but it essentially a massive rebranding of an existing business. Having said that, we have an established client base, but are looking to grow and expand significantly.