We are launching an “allergen-free” bakery this fall in a major metropolitan city and need a modern, playful yet simple logo. All of our products are gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free and peanut-free, and yes, they are still absolutely delicious! We focus on cookies, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and other fun sweets - not savory breads and other types.
Most of our competitors lean “crunchy and granola” in branding and product offering. We want to be the alternative. An affordable indulgence with great brand recognition that is current and hip.
Our customer may or may not have food intolerances and is looking for a safe yet decadent treat that would satisfy any sweet tooth and sophisticated palate. Our customers might include:
- a child who wants cupcakes for his birthday party but has a wheat intolerance while two of his friends have a peanut allergy
- a lady-who-lunches who swears by a gluten-free diet that make her feel fabulous
- a non-angry vegan who is tired of hemp cakes and wants something fun and mainstream to indulge in
- a discerning foodie who cannot believe that a cake or cookie without flour, butter, and eggs can still taste good
- a nursing mom with a wicked sweet tooth whose infant is allergic to dairy and therefore temporarily cannot ingest any dairy products herself
We need a logo that can represent the Nonesuch Bakery brand on different media – web site, product packaging, business cards, etc.
Logo Style Guide:
Colors: eggplant purple and black OR single color logo in eggplant
Adjectives: modern, playful, simple, and gender neutral (most bakeries lean feminine – we want something fun but not too girly!)
Font: all lower case letters "nonesuch bakery"
Icon: one icon that is simple and graphic that works with our color scheme and brand-feel for the logo (e.g. - an apron, rolling pin, cake or cookie are suggestions – we are indifferent about cupcake logos as there are so many already out there), or even no icon with a strong lettered logo?
Tagline: depending on the logo design, we may want to include the following tagline so please include logo designs with and without the tagline: gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, peanut-free (do not use commas to distinguish the terms – plain, round bullet point or some other design is okay)
Other Considerations: our logo may be printed on kraft brown paper packaging – which is simple and earthy – “rough modern” if you will. It could also be printed on white or ivory paper/labels/etc.
File Formats: we need all file formats for all creative media (e.g. Adobe, CMYK, jpeg, etc.)