UPDATED BRIEF 21/10:
After a meeting with the partners we have decided to eliminate the designs which we are 100% sure we wont be selecting. This should provide some insight to what we don't want.
We also now have an idea which we want to pursue to see what you talented designers can come up with.
I have attached a file "Ottoman Deometric Designs.ppt" to the design brief. You will find some photos of geometric designs used in ottoman architecture. Our idea is to incorporate ottoman style designs in to the logo.
I would like to thank skaarj for triggering this idea with his submission #140.
- The logo should be round in design. This symbolises completness and represents the O in Ozcan
- 3D in design symbolises modern cutting edge and a sense of touch which is what a house would be. Something you can touch and feel. Construction is 3D
- Bright colours to symbolise youth and excitement. Target audience is first home buyers/builders and the youth. Also there is alot of energy and excitement in building and we want this to be clear in our logo.
- Geometric design. Lines coming together to form and contruct your home. Construction is all about lines. Beautiful lines coming together.
- The design should not be overly complicated or busy, so put a modern spin to the ottoman designs.
- Use the photos as a guide only.
- In ottoman design the lines meet in the middle usually to form a multipoint star. We want it to form an outline of a house.
- The house should not be large and only be an outline of a simple house.
I will extend the contest to allow more time for this idea to eventuate.
Feel free to design other ideas if you wish.
Here are some buzz words to inspire you:
It should be instantly recognisable. Our focus is the customer and providing the best customer service.
The logo will be used for web design, letterheads, print and signage.
Please avoid cliche designs, such as incorpating building frames, tools and roofs. We want to distinguish ourselves from the rest of the builders.
Other than that, let your creative juices flow!!
We are looking for the WOW factor, a logo that will be our identity for years to come.
See attachments for some logos we like, but please be creative.
We will need electronic files .EPS/AI, fonts, colour pallete, multiple versions i.e. web version, print, b&w, business card, exterior signage etc. Will discuss after selecting the winning entry.