Hi there, I need a logo that will work nicely across our blog and TV shows. I need the design to be bold and reasonably simple so that it'll work on multiple media: The web, video, clothing, printed materials. My site tracks news and opinion across the IT sector, specifically blades (very fast computer servers), cloud and virtualization.
I'd like a graphic alongside some text saying 'Bladewatch'. Since we're a technology blog, I'd like to see a blog typeface and a distinctive graphic. Perhaps something along the lines of a server / computer / network / gadget or similar.
The text and graphic should be one, two or three colours with a clean design on a white background.
You can see the site at http://www.bladewatch.com
Our target audience are senior employees -- VPs, CEOs, senior managers -- working in the enterprise IT sector.
Our logo is principally for the web but we'll want to use it on an array of items -- brochures, business cards, T-Shirts.
With that in mind, here are some points to consider:
- Remember our clients work in big companies, so they're accustomed to a certain level of quality. The logo shouldn't be 'busy' or *too* colorful.
- We need to convey that we're positive, confident and enthusiastic -- but we are also responsible, reliable and slightly conservative. You need to be able to look at the logo and think, 'Yes I'd like to do business with those people.'
- We'd like some kind of icon or graphic as part of the logo -- perhaps relating to servers, blades, software, networks, computers, technology.
- Alongside the icon or graphic, we'd like the word 'Bladewatch'. Capitalised, sentence case, lowercase, that doesn't matter. Do experiment with position in relation to the icon/graphic.
- Typeface -- we usually prefer bold, easy to read, easy to identify typefaces but we'd welcome your suggestions
- Colors -- probably colors that engender quality, confidence, stability with a bit of excitement and energy.
- The entire logo should able to work in black and white too