How RankOne-Robin started their logo design journey
Myce is a community information site about consumer electronics. This new name replaces our old website and brand, which already receives 3.5+ million unique visitors and has 400.000+ registered members. Our site is well established and brings the latest news, product reviews & information, price comparison and forums.
UPDATE 14/11/08 -PLEASE SEE GENERAL DISCUSSION BELOW-
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Myce is a community information site about consumer electronics. Myce brings the latest news, product reviews & information, price comparison and forums.
The website appeals to the male average joe with an above average income with interest in consumer electronic, gadget and lifestyle products. He would mainly go to the website to find information about finding, buying, using and solving problems of consumer electronics he owns or wants to purchase. He can also share and discuss products with others and contribute to the site himself. It will be a community where user generated content is an essential part of the site.
The logo will be used to set the future style. This includes the full website design, sales materials, PowerPoint templates, business cards etc. We would like to work with the winning designer in the future as well. The new brand replaces our old website and brand, which already receives 3.5+ million unique visitors.
- Appeal to males and average joe
- Should be possible to use logo for print usage (such as awards on packaging)
- Preferred: Logo includes a watermark/icon which can also be used independent from the name
- Logo should not be nerdy or childish at all
- Reflections / shadows
- Clip art
- The usual stock icons/fonts etc.
- No black background
- .com in the logo
We also have the following requirements:
- Something unique, no copies and the we would like to receive the full legal rights on the design which is chosen to win.
- Complete design delivered in a vector format (Adobe)