TerViva BioEnergy, Inc., has developed the world’s most environmentally-responsible and cost-effective biofuel technology. TerViva uses the Pongamia tree, which produces oil that can be refined into biodiesel. TerViva’s trees come from a proprietary Pongamia super-strain developed in the last ten years in India. Over the last decade, our trees have proven to thrive on marginal land, require very little water, and use no pesticides or fertilizers.
TerViva plans to establish Pongamia plantations on arid, unused land in the US, Central America, and the Caribbean. These plantations of high-yielding TerViva trees will produce oil at a cost far below that of petroleum. They will also create thousands of green-collar jobs, improve biodiversity, lower our reliance on foreign oil, and counteract the effects of harmful greenhouse gases. Other biodiesel technologies make similar claims, but they do not deliver adequate results. Palm and soybeans, for example, compete with the food supply for increasingly scarce agriculture land and water. Newer technologies, such as jatropha and algae, are not yet commercially or economically scalable. TerViva’s Pongamia oil is non-edible and can be sustainably produced in large quantities through low-cost, low-tech planting on marginal land.
Welcome to TerViva. Long live the Earth.
• Alternative Energy
• Oil & Gas
This company is B2B (not targeted to the end consumer) – therefore, focus on a creative yet professional look. Think Oracle rather than Pepsi.
There are 3 main audiences for our brand:
1. Investors to our company
2. Landowners who will partner with us to create Pongamia plantations
3. The general public who will be inspired by our mission around socially and environmentally responsible energy sources
Geographies: US, Central America, and Carribean
Overall, we request that you make your logo design generally appealing to the above mentioned audiences and geographies.
Some words we feel best describe our brand: earth, tree, green, responsible, seeds, hope, good, nature, bio-energy, plant, land, humankind, empowerment, global.
Take a look at the logos of some other companies in this space:
Origin of the name TerViva:
• “Ter” is taken from the latin word for land, terra
• “Viva” is taken from the Spanish word for live, viva
We are looking for a logo for our brand, TerViva BioEnergy. This logo is especially important as it will serve as the starting point for the rest of our brand look and feel (colors, font, website, etc).
For your reference, here is a link to some images of the Pongamia tree:
• Clean, strong, and professional
• Text and some artwork
• Logo must be in color, but does not have to include green – in fact, we believe that green is overused for alternative energy companies
• Remember that this is a B2B brand, so choose a sophisticated color palette and look
• Logo should have 3 main colors (eventually to be used as our brand colors)
• All the words "TerViva BioEnergy" must appear with prominence given to TerViva over BioEnergy
• A couple of items for light inspiration (not to be copied) – just know that the simplicity/message are appealing to us:
1. UNFI logo --- http://www.unfi.com
2. Image called “world pic” which can be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leenabmehta/
• Desired formats:
2. Also, provide the file format used to build the logo (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.)