Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai); Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
As described more fully in my blog post on the development blog, SitePoint Design Contests are growing into a new company, 99designs. As is only fitting, we are holding a design contest for our new logo.
The prize is $1,000, and we are guaranteeing that a winner will be picked and the prize will be awarded. We are expecting a large number of entries, so please be patient with us whilst we provide feedback, although we will pretty quickly remove any entries we are not interested in so you know if you are on the right track or not.
We have a website design which we want to incorporate the logo into, these are two screenshots showing element placement, color, layout, etc. It is critical that any design submissions work with the concepts we have provided. I repeat, designs that do not fit in the designated space won't even be considered.
- Front page design
- Contest listing designWhat we are looking for:
- Impact. A striking, catchy logo that fits with the concepts in the mockups
- Simplicity. Think beyond web 2.0, more magazine layout.
- Meaning. Think about what 99designs means, community, design, competition.Things to note:
- 99designs has a lowercase "d", .com should NOT be included in the design
- Entries must not contain copyrighted elements
- Any non-web safe fonts used must be listed, and once again must not infringe anyone's copyrights
- We are looking for quality, not quantity. Please wait for feedback before submitting a large number of variations.
- The logo can not in any shape or form resemble the SitePoint logoAs a final note, I look very favorably on designers who are prepared to talk a bit about the meaning of a design. Describe what you have done, how you think it fits in with the design concepts we have and your thought processes. I am far more likely to give designers who do this in-depth feedback.