I'm finally doing it. I'm launching my own company. This is my window. The time is now. Over my 13-year career I have worked for investment firms and M&A advisory firms, and spent some time in sales and operations. Now I am raising my own small fund to acquire a small existing company and take over the CEO spot. I chose the name "January" for several reasons: (1) It is the month I was born, (2) it was the month I lost my father to cancer earlier this year and (3) it is the month of new resolutions and new beginnings. I left my last job because the founders were unethical. I also had my first child in April. So I have had many life changes over the past year and this is a very meaningful venture to me.
About me: born in N.J., college in North Carolina, grad school at Stanford, lived in NYC for 10 years, Yankees fan, UNC sports fan, athletic, do triathlons, married with a daughter, like to hunt and fish, like the outdoors, like rivers, spent my summers in Barnegat Light, NJ (where there is a lighthouse - Google Barnegat Lighthouse).
Small business owners - I must appear credible in the eyes of entrepreneurs and owner/operators of small companies. These are people that started their own companies from scratch and have run them successfully for years. They might be ready to retire and want someone to take care of their "baby."
Lenders - when I buy the company, I will need to borrow money. I want banks to have confidence in me and my firm.
Business Advisors - small business owners will hire advisors or investment bnaks to help them. I must appear credible to them. Remember I am a 1-man shop but will have investors backing me.
Investors - I must have a professional logo on my website and business card so that investors believe I am credible and capable.
* Need logo that is web-ready and print-ready (business cards and brochures)
* Prefer a clear background because I don't know what color my website background will be
* I may also need some help with buttons & borders that match the logo for the website
*** I went to college at UNC-Chapel Hill. I like the school colors which you can see here: http://www.unc.edu/index.htm
* Along with the "Carolina blue" you might add some greys and darker blues
* Not too many colors
* I want something unique, but not crazy.
* It should look professional
* Be creative with creating the logo and how the text is written. The word "January" is more important than "Partners"
* I prefer logos that "read" left-to-right rather than those with a lot of height. I will need to put the logo at the top of the website and on letterhead, and prefer it stretches more left-to-right than up-and-down.
* Websites/logos that I like: