Read about us here:
1. Puentes (which means “bridges” in Spanish) aims to help alleviate poverty by connecting poor---yet highly qualified---semiskilled laborers from the developing world (starting with Mexico) with jobs in certain developed countries---regardless of citizenship or education level---provided that there is a verifiable demand for their labor; and
2. To offer labor-intensive firms in the industrialized world (starting with Spain) a significant competitive and cost advantage by helping them hire these workers.
We will strive to become the first nonprofit international employment agency for the poor by making merit and hard work, as opposed to citizenship and origin of birth, the main prerequisites for millions of men and women to develop their professional potential to the fullest abroad, and make a better life for themselves and their families.
Our target audience is comprised of three major groups:
1. Potential Funders and Investors. These include the heads of large philanthropic organizations such as the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations and wealthy investors.
2. Clients. These include large and medium-sized corporations in Spain and the U.S.
3. Others. These include heads of large non-governmental organizations (e.g., Oxfam), intergovernmental organizations (e.g., World Bank), and government institutions (e.g., Spanish Department of Labor).
1. We want the logo to play off of the "bridge" concept since what we are essentially doing is "building bridges" to connect talented, low-income people (such as nurses, welders, and shipbuilders) from poor countries with jobs in rich countries. This doesn't mean that a bridge needs to be very obvious in the logo, but some sense of a bridge needs to be depicted.
2. The "Global" text should (most probably) be smaller than the "Puentes" text.
3. We do NOT want anything too intricate, cartoonish, or flashy. We require a simple, clear, straightforward, appealing, and professional logo.
4. We'd prefer the logo to be laid out horizontally, not vertically.
5. We like conservative colors, e.g., grey, blue, orange. Nothing florescent or too modern, please.
7. Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.