As the site is brand new, I have no pre-conceived notion of how I want to logo to look. Consider that you have full artistic freedom from the start on this one - as designs are submitted, I will offer timely detailed and constructive feedback.
Please don't submit 'generic' logo designs that could work with any number of websites. I need something absolutely unique; something that looks like it was designed specifically for Insomnia Land.
The ideal logo will convey the site's purpose and message. I want the logo to appear friendly, approachable and professional.
Now a few entries have come in, let me make a few suggestions.
1) Keep away from the human eyeball. All the entries submitted using an eyeball up to now have freaked me out somewhat. It also makes the logo look like something that belongs to a security or surveillance firm. That, or an alternative 'Big Brother' show.
2) Please think fun and personality - not drab, generic and bland.
3) If you look at your logo and think it could work for another type of site, then it's not really the logo I am looking for.
4) Colours - think soft, soothing, light hearted. Maybe pastel colours. Maybe some soft, pastel blues and greens.
5) What do you associate with insomnia? For me, it's counting sheep (or sheep in general), owls, the moon, candles. I wonder if you can work any of these into a logo?