- Must be effective in color or black/white
- Delivered as PSD or Ai file
- Suitable/legible in a variety of media (e.g. website, large-scale poster, business card, etc.)
- Contemporary, relevant, engaging, dynamic, elegant in a modern way
- No clip art or stock images – the entire design must be original
- The obvious strategy, perhaps, would be to include a piano, a singer, or music notes. A logo that had these things wouldn’t be disqualified, but we encourage you to be creative; we want the logo to convey the experience above all. The danger of using piano or music notes is to fall into a cliché, although the right designer might do something extraordinary with them. Think outside the box. Clean but a little edgy.
- Our performances are acoustic – no microphones allowed!
- The icon could include the initials or the entire name of the organization, but it doesn't have to.
- No cartoons, recycled logos or overly complex logos
- It's okay to use the iconography or geography of Pittsburgh as inspiration, but we're not necessarily looking for that.
Star rating system:
0 - Hasn't yet been evaluated
1 - Not the direction we want to go in
2 - Some things we like, but needs changes
3 - Getting closer, but needs revisions or a different take
4 - Definitely under consideration, may just need a few tweaks
5 - Don't change anything, we're considering it just as it is