How Biblical Heresy started their logo design journey
Biblical Heresy Press is a new publishing company that has not yet settled upon a Logo. We need an iconic emblem representing our interest in exposing the truth, a truth far afield from what is typically taught by the modern church, to all who are interested.
Our motto is "The Bible is best read with your own eyes, preferably open."
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We want a logo to go on books and other media we produce. The Logo [comprising an emblem and our name: Biblical Heresy Press] should be consistent with our desire to enlighten others as to what the Bible actually teaches in comparison to those beliefs the modern Christian Church tends to preach. [A draft of the first chapter of our first book is available on the website, it might give some feel for our goals.]
Note: None of the fonts or images on our webpage are official or set in stone. I was just working with the template I had. Please do not feel at all restricted by anything on that page.
Note there is a note on the discussion board updating this contest.
None of the below are required. They are suggestions/preferences.
- Iconic: The emblem should be distinct enough to allow for instant identification and recognition.
- Form: We suggest a Logo consisting of an emblem above our companyname, "Biblical Heresy Press." The box-enclosed lettering shown in theupper-right portion of the webpage is by no means official. Feel freeto come up with your own form for the name, but a touched up version ofwhat is currently on our webpage is certainly a viable option. [Ofcourse, this whole bullet point is just a suggestion...if you have aningenious way of integrating our name into an emblem, feel free to doso, but we are perfectly happy to have an emblem setting atop atasteful rendering of the name.]
- Because there may be an occasion for the emblem to be placed uponthe spine of a book, it would be nice if the emblem or some portion ofit was vertically oriented with a hieght-to-width ratio approximating1.61. However, I stress this is by no means a requirement...just aminor bonus point.
- With regard to the emblem, we'd like something that gets acrossthe nature of our publication. One idea might be a heretic being burnedat the stake, though it might be rather difficult to pull that offwithout being too cartoony or too graphic. Another option is to somehowallegorize the "freeing of the truth" or exposing of the truth byremoving 2000 years of politics and human philosophy. Anotherpossibility (though a bit less powerful) is to work in "John 16:2" which is averse referencing the church persecuting heretics, as Christ'sfollowers were.
- It would be nice if a Bible could be worked into the emblem, but it cannot be the main point.
- We would prefer vector images, but if you have an amazing ideathat just cannot be pulled off with vectors go ahead and use non-vectorgraphics. We would want a jpeg and bitmap suitable to the 166 x 83pixel area in the top-left of our webpage [for the emblem portiononly], as well as a couple other stock sizes. [If you've created a non-vector, please indicate this when you submit your design.]
- Feel free to work in our motto "The Bible is best read with your own eyes, preferably open."
- We have no need for crosses, blood, or other stock Christian icons. It is okay for a cross or a picture of Jesus to get put somewhere to help clarify a point [for example, if you wanted to put a small cross on a book to make clear it is a Bible, that would be okay.]
- Please do not include anything that could be construed as insulting the Bible itself or Christ Himself. Our beef is with the modern Church and face it gives Christianity. We certainly would not want an emblem that suggested in any way that we were attacking Christ or the Bible.