App Review Squad
This competition is to create a logo for App Review Squad.
App Review Squad has 2 key customer groups... #1 being 'web app consumers' and #2 being 'web app developers'.
App Review Squad provides web app consumers with a portal where web apps (e.g. apps for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Facebook etc) are reviewed and rated so that consumers can make more informed decisions about which app's are worthy of being downloaded.
We also work with web app developers on a project basis to help the developers to create apps that really hit the mark with their target audience.
We have a website that is under construction with little content and structure today, and it is currently using a generic template that will be replaced.
Web app consumers
- we are targeting the subset of consumers that will actually do research before making a decision to purchase
- Mostly male (1.5:1 male:female ratio)
- 25-34 Years old
- Use web apps for both personal and business reasons
- They expect a credible review from a reputable source, so brand presence is critical
Web app developers
- they value quality, professionalism, market relevance, and reputation, so brand presence is critical
- research driven design is important to them to ensure a successful product
The logo will be used on our website, on web enabled Smartphones, on business cards, on stationary, and on clothing. It would be a bonus for the logo to have an avatar that looks great as a 16x16px Favicon.
The design will need to be easily identifiable both in color and in gray scale.
The color version can be bright and bold, but it must be tasteful and distinctive. Using web 2.0 effects is okay, as long as the design works in color and gray scale.
We are a young company (18-35 years age range), so the look and feel needs to reflect our youthful energy! http://www.bootb.com is an example of how this has been achieved by another company, Boot B.
Please do not try to match the logo to our current website theme as the design and colors are going to change. The logo design will influence our final theme for our new website... brand presence is critical.