What's up designers, my name is Matt and I am the founder of sngprotege. My website is designed to find online poker players who are ready to make the move to becoming pro. Me and the coaches on my site teach them how to crush "sngs" - a type of poker that stands for "sit and gos."
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The people I want to appeal to are online poker players who play mainly on PokerStars and Full Tilt (the two mainstream websites in the world). The guys we want to pick up are motivated poker players, who are already winners, who are ready to learn what it takes to become pro and make big money. The players we are looking for, if it helps any, are small stakes players. Our target audience is not playing >$50 games. Mostly $2-20. Maybe a tad higher like $30.
1. A nice HD appealing logo
2. Color, no black and white only
3. I hope to have a logo that doesn't include any cheesy poker references like a heart, club, spade, or diamond, or a card from the deck. I am open to having a suit in the logo, but mostly I'm aiming for a non poker related logo. As long as it's not a cliche poker reference, I can be ok with it.
4. Something inspirational or motivating.
5. The name "sngprotege" in the logo.
6. Be as creative as you can, I'm open to lots of ideas.
7. I'm not sure if this matters, but I'd also like to be able to resize the logo to go on my site if I need to (maybe this doesn't matter cause I can just shrink/enlarge it). I just don't want it to lose any HD quality if I have to shrink/enlarge it.
New idea: I just had an idea. What about some type of design that includes a person's hands as they lift up their cards.
Like in this pic... http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/