Remember riding your bike after school? We are kicking off new after-school bicycle clubs will inspire cooperative behaviors, healthy living, and vibrant community partnerships in the greater Seattle area.
Cascade Bicycle club
We need an overall logo to represent the Major Taylor Program (MTP). Logo will be reproduced on print collateral, banners, website.
This is a new program. The unveiling of the artwork is scheduled for the end of February/beginning of March at a kick-off event.
Who is the target audience?
- Kids: involve kids; encourage kids to ride bikes; mostly urban neighborhoods
- Adults: cyclists; be a mentor; donateWhat’s the most important thing we want to say?Riding a bike can bring good things to kids’ lives.
Who Was Major Taylor? Marshall “Major” Taylor was the first African American professional cyclist. Born in 1878, Major Taylor’s professional racing career spanned 13 years and included several world championships and world records, including the world one-mile track cycling championship in 1899. He remained committed to his passion in the face of adversity, and is a source of inspiration to all athletes.
The Cascade Bicycle Club is non-profit organization based in Seattle, Washington, serves 10,000 members and the Puget Sound bicycling community. Our vision is to Create a Better Community through Bicycling. Cascade is operated by a Board of Directors, 18 professional staff, four AmeriCorps interns, and thousands of volunteers. Our program areas include: bicycle advocacy, education, daily rides, events and commuting.
- Name: The Major Taylor Project
- An image that incorporates:
o Major Taylor, the man (google him for images)
o Kids: girls and boys or undistiguishable
- Hopeful, welcoming & fun
- If anything, urban, not country riding
- Multi-color is OK, but must work as one color
- Vector image, preferably editable in AI-CS3. PS-CS3 would be OK.I have some ideas, but I don't want to pollute the creative process. I look forward to your great concepts and will be happy to give direction and feedback during the contest.
- No Space Needle
- No highly trendy fonts