I'm looking to improve the look of my membership site. I'm not happy with my current logo's lack of polish and professionalism.
Specifically, I'm after the following items:
1. A banner/logo for PrestaShop 1.4 Tutorials. This logo/banner must be 977px wide. You can see an existing attempt at my sales page for PrestaShop 1.4 Tutorias at http://www.prestatraining.com/train…tutorials/. I use a different logo for the actual membership site and that logo is attached. The file's name is prestashop-14-tutorials-logo.png. I would like come come up with just one logo that represents my product better than either of the two existing logos/banners.
2. A new smaller banner that you will find in the right sidebar of http://www.prestatraining.com. Look in the "Training" section. There are actually three banners that rotate through this location and are similar with different words at the bottom of each banner. This banner must be 300px wide and somewhere around 140 px tall. The height is not really that important, but the 300px width is critical.
3. A favicon derived from the logo I ultimately settle on.
I provided video tutorials for an e-commerce solution (shopping cart software) called Prestashop. With this software, people have the ability to sell goods and services through their own on-line store. Kind of like a smaller version of Amazon.com.
Some key websites you will want to check out include the following:
1. http://www.prestashop.com/ - This is the homepage of the software I train on. I do not necessarily want to use the colors you see on this site. In fact, I would like to avoid those colors.
2. http://www.prestatraining.com/ - This is my free blog and resource site. I promote PrestaShop 1.4 Tutorials on this site.
3. http://www.prestatraining.com/train…tutorials/ - This is my sales page for PrestaShop 1.4 Tutorials. It should give you a pretty good idea of my product.
I believe I provide the best video tutorials avaiable on the subject and I want to be sure the logo represents class and quality. I want people to know they are getting the "gold standard" when they look at my logo.
I want the logo to demostrate excellence and competence, while still being "cool."
With respect to the smaller banner (300px wide), I'll be looking for more banners like this in the future after I develop more products. I would this first banner to be designed with that thought in mind. To get an idea of what I mean, please see: http://www.businessjolt.com/. I think they did a great job of creating continuity between their products by providing consitent, yet different advertising banners.
I also really like what http://www.copyblogger.com/ has done with their landing page. They have three banners at the top, each representing a different product. In each block is the logo of each product with some text under it to give you an idea of what each product does. I think this is a good approach.