Our start-up company is developing an electronic device for very young children (1-6 years old), so they can safely interact with media without adult supervision.
The device includes a small console that can be connected to a television or computer and a rugged remote control for the children (various remotes depending on the children's ages and interactions: simplified keyboards, mouses, drawing pads, microphones....).
The parents download contents on the console (videos, games, learning programs...) and the children can easily navigate by themselves and interact with the program and/or a remote person via video conferencing (for example parents at work or far-away grand-parents). Parents set the limits (which programs, how long, at what time...)
An easy way to limit television viewing, to teach children how to operate the mouse or how to read, etc.
- Children feel in control: they can see their favorite program again and again or change as they wish.
- As they pre-approve everything, parents know that contents are safe and age-appropriate. They can leave the children alone without risk that they change the channel or navigate outside the safe webpage.
- With the video-conferencing tool, all the family and trusted friends can stay connected.
We are confident that this product will be a best seller and need a logo that can convey all of it in a simple way.
There are 2 major target audiences:
- the very young children (1-6 years old)
- their parents
A third audience are the grand-parents who can use the device to stay connected with their grand-children via video-conferencing.
Our product appeals to all subgroups, no age, race, geographic location... preferences.
Young children are looking for fun and new ways to play and communicate. For them, electronic devices, videos and Internet are very attractive things, especially because they are either forbidden or under very close supervision from the parents.
Parents are looking to buy a product that is safe and from a serious, professional origin. They want to control the media consumption of their children. They want their children to be able to learn at the age when their brain is the most receptive and still developing. They want to trust that their children 's viewing is safe even if they don't monitor it, meaning that their children can't navigate away from age-appropriate television program or webpage, and that their children can't break their computer while navigating.
The product is technically very well define but is still missing a personality.
The logo should capture some or all of our goals in a very simple and clear way. We would like it to convey the following ideas:
- It is EASY, so easy that toddlers operate it
- It is FUN. Children want to play with it
- It is interactive. It CONNECTS the children to their family and friends. Children are not passively viewing television. And they can communicate with the program or family members.
It would be even better if the same logo could also convey the idea that it is SAFE for the children to use and that it is EDUCATIONAL.
The company is new, so we have no existing materials to worry about. We have absolutely no requirements regarding the form of the logo, colors, fonts, shape...
PLAYSMRT has only one A and, if you play with the fonts, this should be clear on the logo (not to be confused with PLAYSMART)
We require the logo to be in a vector graphics format. It's not OK to have it as a pixmap.