Fathom Insight Management
Fathom Insight Management (FIM) is a consulting firm specializing in market intelligence (MI=market research, competitive analysis) and strategic planning. We know that organizations are overwhelmed with data, and we can help them cut through the clutter to surface the insights to to make smart decisions in a timely manner. FIM is based in Toronto, but we currently have clients in across Canada and in the U.S.A. We have been in business a few months, but our long term goal is to become a thought-leading MI consulting firm with wicked-smart employees and a roster of innovative clients in technology.
Our tagline is ``Intelligence. Clarity. Purpose." and we would like our logo to reflect the following attributes: intellect, focus, trust, professionalism, innovation, and clarity. We plan to use our logo on marketing materials and in online media for our “official” launch to generate buzz and attract new clients. The logo will be used on our WordPress website, business cards, proposals and other .doc templates, .ppt presentation templates, e-mail signature. We will require an avatar version for social media.
What sets us apart?
* We focus on managing the MI function, not just delivering reports.
* We believe that research must support a decision-making process.
* We understand that MI resides in employees, not files.
* We make complex issues simple.
* We care about our clients.
Our existing audience:
Our existing audience includes the Founder’s former colleagues in middle-management at market research firms and information and communication technology vendors who have been hiring us to do work for them. They tend to be male, university-educated in business or technology, under 40, with a corporate modern aesthetic, and are early adopters of technology. Expertise, credibility, trust, interpersonal skills, word of mouth and business acumen are important factors in making the decision to engage Fathom Insight Management.
Who would we like to add to our audience?
Our target audience includes C-level and executive management team members in the information and communication technology industries, particularly those in the marketing, sales, and planning (finance) departments. For this audience, the above decision criteria still applies with the added factors of strategic vision, executive presentation and limited time. We are also engaging in business development with technology incubators, public sector agencies, and venture capitalist firms.
We would like a clean, fresh, elegant design that can scale down to be seen on a mobile handset or used (perhaps in a modified format) as an avatar on social media sites. Scandinavian/U.K.-type design style is preferred.
• Clever use of negative space
• Sans serif fonts
• Fussy, complex fonts
• Ellipses, arcs (way overused)
The colors we have in mind for our logo include
• Blue, because I think it is a cool intellectual colour that denotes business, and because “fathom” is also a nautical term denoting a unit of measurement of water depth (6 ft or 1.8 metres).
• Gold or yellow, because it provides a counterpoint to blue, to “illuminate” the logo (i.e. insight)
• Dark grey or black (sans serif) font, for the name of the company: Fathom Insight Management.
• White or clear background, for use with the Wordpress theme on my website
• I am open to rainbow/prism effects as another option, but it has to be very impressive. No unicorns! :-)
We do not have any specific images or icons in mind that we would definitely like to see incorporated into our logo. Abstract renderings of a brain OR an eye OR arrows might work. However, ABSOLUTELY NO cartoons, animals, stock photos, clipart, or cheesy fonts (Comic Sans, I’m looking at you!).