Newgrange Development LLC
Newgrange Development is a sustainable design and construction company focused on building a sustainable future. Our goal is design and construct buildings that are healthy, efficient, economical, and resourceful. Our buildings make sense to the building owner and to the plant. We are a for profit company with a social, environmental, and sustainable mission; Amass the resources available to us, to provide for those who are in need, those who can't afford, and those who want to live, work, and play in quality, sustainable buildings. The plan for the company is to use our experience in construction, skills in building design, and our social business mission, to generate revenue that will allow us to fund non-profit projects. Our vision is to grow our sustainable company locally (Chicago), helping push the demand for green building more into the mainstream nationwide, leading to numerous environmental and health benefits. Simultaneously, we are focused on desinging and building homes for people who are displaced or in need of quality structures near and far. We are currently designing a home for the Salvation Army to be built in New Orleans, Haiti, and are building, renovating, and retrofitting locally.We have been in business since 2008 and we are getting ready to launch our website with our new logo at http://www.newgrangedevelopment.com. (Design Prize will lead to more work)
Our target audience is multifaceted. Our logo is for clients, investors, and employee's.
1. Clients: (Home or Business Owners looking to live in healthy, efficient, economical, resourceful buildings.)
2. Investors: (For profit and Non Profit Investors looking to grow with a company that has a strong social, environmental, and sustainable mission.
3. Employee's: (People who want to work in an environment that embrace our mission.)
The logo was originally designed to construe the following.
1. Sustainability in company and work.
2. Loyalty, Honesty, Courage, Integrity
3. Reuse, recycle, Salvage
The logo I will attach is not far off where i want it to be. It has the elements that i'm looking for but I do need to change some things.
1. The leaf in the left corner needs to be changed due to similarity to the USGBC (United States Green Building Council's Logo). I would like to change it to something that represents the environment, health, or sustainabilty. I think i would like to use a traditional oak tree instead of an oak leaf.
2. The spherical object at the bottom is an important part of the logo and one that I hope I can use by itself in some instances (this design is supposed to represent the ideas of reuse, recycle, and salvage when it comes to our construction (deconstruction) side of the business. I will attach my new concept for the spherical design which i believe captures the reuse, recycle idea, but the design is stemmed from a Football (Soccer) team where i grew up in Birmingham, England.
3. The lion is supposed to represent the loyalty, honesty, integrity, and courage that we want to convey to everyone that we work with, but I am open to different Lion designs / postures.
Although i'm pretty close to what I want in the design, if you understand the concept of our company, i'm open to new ideas and creativity.
Thank you for very much for your time and I look forward to building a relationship with the design winner.