We need a great logo for our new software product that manages virtualized servers from a web-based user interface. VM2 is the logo text, and optionally a tagline of "Virtualmin Machine Manager".
Virtualmin Machine Manager
Clean, simple, bold
Accepted File Formats:
Virtualmin Machine Manager, or VM2, is a new software product designed to make managing many servers easy and quick.Â It is built on top of our flagship products Webmin and Virtualmin Professional, and the new logo needs to remain in the general style of these two products: Simple, clean, modern, and useful in a wide range of media.
Â The current logos can be found on the press kit page of our website in scalable vector SVG format.
Keep the following requirements in mind:
- Â Final deliverable must be in SVG format.Â This is not negotiable.Â Inkscape is a nice free tool for editing SVG format vector images, if you only have Photoshop or an older version of Illustrator that does not support SVG.
- Keep it simple.Â If you find yourself selecting a fourth hue for your logo idea, and it isn't a shade of an existing color in the design, you're probably not creating the winning logo. We will be printing T-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. with this logo, and we don't want it to look like crap.Â Too much detail is also generally a sign of a weak brand image.Â Shading and shine is fine, if used in moderation.Â If you're unsure of my definition of "moderation", include an example of the logo without the shading and shine--we'll almost certainly use it in both forms.
- Our product is a management tool to put a single UI on top of hundreds or thousands of servers...if there's a way to visualize this simply and cleanly, your job is to find it.
- Back to the simplicity theme, if your logo looks good in black and white, you are already way ahead of the logos that don't.Â This isn't mandatory, but if we're choosing between two equally good logos and one looks better when restricted to two colors, it'll be the winner.
- The colors you choose are entirely up to you, but I'd recommend strong, bold colors.Â We're flexible, since we feel we've used the blue/green color schemes as much as we need to.Â VM2 can be anything you like, as long as its bold and clear. This is our second SitePoint logo contest, and we spent a lot of time and effort commenting on the entries in the last contest, and it turned out great.Â You may wish to review our blog post about some of our favorite entries from that contest here: http://inthebox.webmin.com/getting-…-the-field
Thanks for reading our contest..Â We can't wait to see what you come up with!