Thank you for the excellent work and perfect designs for our fashion brand. You were very patient through the revision process.
How Brad Gibbons started their logo design journey
Brad Gibbons Photography
I love photography. I love the artistic possibilities it allows. I like to be different from the regular cookie-cutter photographers out there. I care about fashion and style and take pride in being called a Metrosexual.
I believe I am fun to be around and love the interaction with people as much as I love taking their photos.
I am currently a part-time photographer with hopes to turn it into my full-time job.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I am looking to attract the more stylish, artistic client. I want clients who care about what goes into making something unique. I want clients who like to keep current and “hip” and don’t mind spending a few dollars to make it happen.
More Volkswagen Jetta, less Ford Taurus
More iPhone or BlackBerry, less the old flip phone
More Mad Men and Dexter, less Two and a Half Men and According to Jim
More Malbec red wine, less Rosé wine
More GQ and Vogue, less Maxim and People
More Day at the Art Gallery, less Monster Truck Pull
The challenge for my business is that I have such a wide range of clients: weddings, maternity, babies, models, headshots, family portraits etc.
1. I would love to have the logo incorporate an icon of some sort... perhaps the initials of the company (BGP)? I would love to see what else you might have in mind though. Just no photography elements in the icon (i.e., a camera, filmstrip etc).
2. Nothing too elegant - I don’t want to look like a hotel chain. No giant flourishes etc. Simple design.
3. The typeface should be clear and simple. I am a huge fan of Helvetica. I would love the whole name to be in lowercase (brad gibbons photography).
4. Colour choice is pretty simple: black, gray and white. The website will be a white background so logo text should be black and gray. If an accent colour is needed, I’m a fan of a deep red (R179 G39 B10 for example) but I am open to the accent colour options. I wouldn’t mind seeing options in case I go with a black background for the website.
5. Actually, if you can come up with a colour scheme that isn’t black/white/gray, I’d love to see it. Surprise me!!