The Center for Puppetry Arts, the largest nonprofit organization in the United States dedicated to the art form of puppetry, seeks design ideas for a wall sign on the outside of its building.
Center for Puppetry Arts
The Center for Puppetry Arts is located in Atlanta, Georgia (Midtown) and offers performances for children and adults, educational programming, and museum exhibits. Despite the Center’s great location (at the corner of Spring and 17th Street), it currently does not have signage that takes advantage of its high level of visibility to daily commuters and tourists. That is why we need YOU! Help us attract attention to this wonderful place so that we can introduce more people to all that we have to offer! Please visit our website (http://www.puppet.org) to learn more about the Center.
- Giant wall on side of building with highest visibility (adjacent to 17th Street) needs to be painted (rectangular, approximately 99’4” wide x 15’8” high) - We want to advertise what we are and that this is our location.
- Go to http://www.puppet.org/pdf/CPAsignage08.pdf to see pictures of our building (you are only designing for the 17th Street pictures)
- Creative! Eye-catching! Enticing! -- The Center is fun!
- Text & graphics are OK
- Must have permanence and not require changes
- Could include billboard sign (up to 200 sq. ft.) as part of the design, to be installed partially above roof line to draw eyeballs (this is an element that we may not end up using)
- If possible, please use a vector format like that produced by Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. However, we will still consider entries in other formats.
- We are open to simple, direct designs or designs that convey more information, as listed here:
- Could include the Center for Puppetry Arts logo (included in the link above)
- Could convey that there are performances Tuesday – Sunday
- Could convey that there is a museum (Puppets: The Power of Wonder - but the name does not need to be included)
- Could convey the website address (http://www.puppet.org)
- Could convey that the Center is for all ages
- No copyrighted or licensed characters or images
- Design cannot require changes
- Nothing so wordy that it looks too busy and detracts from the main objective (to advertise that the building is the Center for Puppetry Arts)