How We Beat The Mountain started their other graphic design journey
We Beat The Mountain
We Beat The Mountain is an organization that has the ambition to beat the world wide trash mountain by designing, producing and selling products that are made from 100% recycled materials.
This ambition can be achieved by keeping our own organization small and cooperating with lots of other entrepreneurs. Every collaborative partner is welcomed to do what he/she does best. Together we can beat this trash mountain!
This product design contest is a step in attracting collaborative partners to design our first products.
There’s a number of product requirements that are critical to our business proposition. The following requirements are each equally important:
1. 100% recycled material: the products need to be made from recycled materials.
2. Cradle 2 Cradle design: the products are made from recycled materials AND need to be designed in such a way that they can be broken down into commodities again after use. This way, We Beat The Mountain products do NOT end up on the mountain of trash.
3. Cool look: the products need to have a cool look.
4. High quality
5. Practical: We Beat The Mountain takes your design serious. That is why the design needs to be practical, so we can actually produce it.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The products that We Beat The Mountain will sell are meant for a specific target group. Our potential customers and our current Facebook fans are men and women aged 20 to 40 years old, living all over the world. We aim at people who are socially involved, who choose quality over price, and who are aware of the environment. These people are urban types, early adapters, citizens of the world, who want to make a statement by buying We Beat The Mountain products!
We Beat The Mountain gave a professional design agency the assignment to develop a suitcase with the following requirements:
• Suitcase must be made of 100% recycled materials
• Suitcase needs to have a sustainable & cool look
• Suitcase must be unbreakable
• Suitcase must be more practical than existing suitcases.
The designs can be viewed in the attached files.
This first We Beat The Mountain suitcase is a large size (27,6 inches in height).
The competitive advantages of this suitcase design are the following:
• The suitcase can be opened straight-up.
• The wheel axis is also the turning point in the suitcase. Both shells revolve around this axis.
• The telescope handle has a new design. This may be altered if you have other ideas.
The design contest involves finalizing this design. We ask the designers in this contest to finalize the design by working out the details.
In addition to the company introduction this requirement specifically hold true for the suitcase:
• Practical: It must be possible to actually produce the product.
We Beat The Mountain asks the designers to please do the following in their design presentation:
• Elaborate on your choice of materials. We are interested in how YOU think about your design and the road to producing it.
• If you know potential producers of you design, or potential suppliers of the materials, please let us know!