We are a manufacturer of area rug cleaning equipment that markets to carpet cleaning companies. Our main product is the RugBadger which is an acronym for “Bugs, Allergens, Dirt, Grit Extractor for Rug renovating”. It is used to extract up to 95% of the dry dirt from area rugs which makes the final cleaning stage a breeze.
Currently, our target markets are carpet cleaners who are looking to add a new way of making profits for their existing business. Carpet cleaning businesses can be divided into 3 distinct groups:
1) Single owner/operator (one guy and one truck).
2) Owner with 1 or more employees.
3) Owner with a brick and mortar business, several trucks, employees and office staff.
In all 3 groups the owners tend to be male as are most of the employees who actually do the cleaning work. In groups 1 & 2, if the owner is married they often have their wife involved in the business by doing all the administrative work like receiving phone calls, booking appointments, bookkeeping, etc.
If the wife is involved in the business, they generally have a powerful role when it comes to deciding if a new piece of equipment will be purchased or not.
We are looking for a new mascot design for our brand of area rug cleaning equipment known as the RugBadger.
Now the graphic image has to
1) Be primarily about a Badger
2) Be a graphic that can easily be scaled to any size
Some of the things you may want to consider for this graphic are
1) It should have a very cool, modern look
2) It can be ferocious or friendly looking (or something in between)
3) It should look and feel powerful
4) You are free to use any colors even though the main colors for our equipment are red & black. You can do several color versions if you want.
Now males (who represent the majority in this industry) tend to prefer images that represent a sense of power (i.e. ferocious). But females who have control over buying decisions may respond better to a friendlier looking mascot. It’s a delicate balance, I know, but my philosophy has always been to be BOLD!
Either way, the Badger graphic image you design needs to create a sense of power representing what our line of equipment can do better than anyone else’s.