I'm a Computer Science student from Melbourne, Australia and an Android developer. I'm launching a free application that provides a home-screen widget for Foursquare users to easily/regularly view their stats, e.g.
- number of mayorships
- number of badges
- check-ins this week
- last seen at: venue
- the Foursquare logo
- and (maybe - not essential) total nights out and total check-ins
Those with a knowledge of Android widget design preferable. Widget design guidelines can be found here: http://developer.android.com/intl/f…esign.html
What I need from you is:
1) a background to encapsulate the widget (PNG file)
2) a series of mockups on how the widget could be arranged
Re 1) it could be a semi-transparent background or a textured surface, e.g. metal. I'd lean more towards the transparent style.
Re 2) I've provided you with the available assets but feel free to create others if needed (not essential). I've also provided you with:
- my own amateur attempt at a 4x1 widget mock-up [more on WxH sizing below]
- widget .psd files for sizing purposes only (note: the 2x1 widget frame was just me attempting to collapse to 2x2 by hand - when you create designs for the 2x1, please make it exactly half the height of the 2x2)
A few notes:
- I'm a big fan of widgets that seem to use a layered approach or give a feeling of depth (IMPORTANT: refer my circled favourite in the files provided. This is a favourite look/feel, not necessarily size).
- refer to the widget guidelines for image quality, but the background should be PNG-24 and 8-bit color.
- feel free to experiment with making the numbers words instead of numbers, i.e. "five" mayorships instead of 5.
- 2x1, refers to Width by Height and translates into pixels as follows:
1 wide = 80 px
1 high = 100 px
2 wide = 160 px
2 high = 200 px
IMPORTANT: feel free to experiment with various sizes but the most important ones are: 4x1, 2x1 and 2x2 in that order.