The designer really captured our vision from the first attempt. Clean and beautiful design . Image selection was stunning. Looking forward to continue working with him.
How sophiek started their other web or app design journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our company specialises in interior acoustic treatment. Essentially we install sound absorbing products to reduce room echo. For more information, visit http://www.resonics.co.uk - work in all sectors.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Currently, we use a very simple reverberation time calculator to measure how ‘echoey’ different rooms are. We use an Excel spreadsheet (see below). Basically we input the size of the room in ‘room dimensions’ and the surface finishes in ‘existing surfaces’. Using some straightforward excel formulas the spreadsheet will then tell us the approximate measurement of echo in the room.
We can also then add treatment (quantity of different sound absorbing products) and it will give us an approximate reverberation time when quantities of products are installed to the room.
We would like to create a visually pleasing and user friendly online acoustic assessment ‘tool’. Similar to the functionality you find with many online quote calculators. Which we can use; and we can also offer to our clients to carry out acoustic assessments of their own rooms. Essentially the tool will ask a series of questions that will give them an estimated reverberation time (measurement of echo) in the same way the excel acoustic assessment does.
The tool will then also have the ability to suggest the appropriate quantity and type of acoustic product to make the room acoustically comfortable.
The flow of questions will be as follows (or similar): -
1. Register / Login. Email and password or social.
2. Select room type > Drop down list of many different types of room / space including: -
a. Meeting Room
b. Manager Office
c. Open Plan Office
d. Village Hall
e. Church Hall
f. Audio Visual Room
g. Teleconferencing Room
h. Sports Hall
i. Classroom > Secondary / Primary School
j. School Dining Room
Note: this does not have to be a drop-down list. It could be boxes with room types in text with image background or any other visual way of choosing the room type they want to calculate.
3. Length of Room (metres or MM)
4. Width of Room (metres or MM)
5. Height of Room (metres of MM)
6. Existing floor finish (drop down menu which will include carpet, vinyl floor, stone etc).
7. Existing ceiling finish (drop down options including painted plasterboard, concrete, timber etc).
8. Main wall finish (another drop down with options)
9. Number of doors to room.
10. Approximate total quantity of glass (percentage).
The tool will need to be able to calculate the reverberation time in the same way the spreadsheet we use does. Then it will give the result. “Your room reverberation time is 1.94 seconds” – for example. It will also suggest the recommended RT for the room. “The recommended reverberation time for an Audio Visual room is 0.4 seconds.
The tool will then invite the user to use a budget calculator to acoustically treat the room. I.e. click here for a budget quotation and recommended acoustic products. With a further series of questions.
1. Where can acoustic products be installed to your room? Walls / Ceilings / Both. (with info button).
2. What is your budget? Low / Medium / High standard of specification for finishes. (with info button).
The tool will then automatically calculate the quantity and type of product to use and give a budget price – i.e. your room acoustic treatment cost will be £2,000 to £3,000 – with product images.
Finally, there is the option to complete the acoustic assessment – which will then email the report on a single page and save to their account (if we have login etc).
Thanks in advance,
• We would like to tool to be available as a web page tool and phone APP.
• Tool can be single page. But we would prefer multiple pages i.e ‘next button’ after each series of questions.
• It will need to be able to calculate formulas like spreadsheet. We will provide formulas etc.
• Brand page design can mimic our website http://www.resonics.co.uk but does not need to be too close as we see this as a stand-alone tool / design.
• Clean, user friendly, nicely designed, architectural / technical looking. A nod to sound and soundwaves.
• iVeRT is not necessarily the name we will finally use for the tool but will be similar to this. Logo designs welcome as part of page design.
• We would like to be able to adjust the formulas in the back end – so we need to be able to customise.
• Fyi – we currently use Wordpress for our website. It would be cool if the tool could be created as a Wordpress plug-in.